How big of mini-split A/C needed for 9k?

• Thread starter KGJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KGJ

Im trying to get an idea of how how big of a mini split AC I will need to cool 9k. The room will be sealed with a sante fe dehumidifier along with bottled co2 (might go with a Co2 generator eventually tho depending on how long bottles are lasting me) inside. The hoods are 8" blockbusters. Thanks for the help!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Im trying to get an idea of how how big of a mini split AC I will need to cool 9k. The room will be sealed with a sante fe dehumidifier along with bottled co2 (might go with a Co2 generator eventually tho depending on how long bottles are lasting me) inside. The hoods are 8" blockbusters. Thanks for the help!

If you vent the lights you could do with a 3 ton mini. If you don't vent then I would do 2- 2 ton units.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I asked the same thing about the gage set and pump you posted links to. I got no answer as you can see.

My new 2.5 ton Mini split system will be here on monday.

Hope we get some info soon.

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

You need a gauge set designed for R410A, like this one; http://www.viot.us/showproduct.php?model=GM410A&sw=0
Also, you need a 2 stage pump to acheive a deep vacuum the mini's require. I don't see anything about 2 stage in the description of the pump you linked.
Ebay has good deals on 2 stage pumps. And don't forget to get oil for the pump...

Latest posts

Top Bottom