How can i effectively build my own soil with coco and peat moss?

• Thread starter wobbleysausage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

I wanted to do a hybrid (if this is even feasible) of coco to peat moss. I typically use organics which I read can be used in coco but its not quite what you'd want to do. Thats where I decided to add peat as a way for the ammendments to hold onto something. I have tons of random ammendments and such I just don't have the mediums yet.

I have plenty of ffof and happy frog but I want to do this all my own. I can post a picture of what I have currently on my shelf if anyone would be able to assist me in putting it together. I grow both photos and autos. Typically 10 gallon pots but for the autos I cut the soil in half.

Is this possible to do correctly? Or would it pretty much force me into a bad spot grow wise. I'm not a beginner but by no means advanced. Any links to materials to read will be appreciated I tried to source my own but its hard to tell who knows what they are talking about and then they use products that aren't available to me or I can't easily source

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I mix my soil and I believe most soil growers do. I doubt if any two mixes are the same, though.

I reuse soil and remix it for every grow. It started with FFHF and FFOF. I add earthworm castings, rice hulls, coco coir and perlite. I add other amendments, like azomite, gypsum and Epsom salt, when I add nutrients. I'm currently using Gaia Green All Purpose and Power Bloom. I also mix in some mycorrhizae.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

I mix my soil and I believe most soil growers do. I doubt if any two mixes are the same, though.

I reuse soil and remix it for every grow. It started with FFHF and FFOF. I add earthworm castings, rice hulls, coco coir and perlite. I add other amendments, like azomite, gypsum and Epsom salt, when I add nutrients. I'm currently using Gaia Green All Purpose and Power Bloom. I also mix in some mycorrhizae.
Thats pretty much my mix too. I haven't delved into adding any of your other ammendments though I have a few of them I'm unsure how to use them. My original mix is ffhf with ocean forest, lots of rice hulls and pumice for aeration and a few dashes of worm castings but I prefer to add those on top later then cover with a mulch layer because the worm castings tend to hold water better from my research. Ill post a picture of my ammendment shelf so yall can see I have so much stuff thats unopened because I buy random things

Have you tried mixing any coco into that? I want a hybrid soil but I don't know if thats a good idea or not.

Top Bottom