how can i get max yield using grow tent?

• Thread starter danny04
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
danny04

danny04

im thinking to buy a biggest tent they got in the grow strore 9'10 by 9'10 and switching from soil to to them 5 gallons bubble buckets . If anyone had experients with buckets can you tell me how many should i pack in there to get the best yield and should i use 6 600 watt or 4 100 watts?

A

Arti.chokes

Hi Danny,:hi: I would agree with Ripz getting your environment is crucial, re' the lights, i would go 6x600's too, lumin wise there is only around 20,000 diff in total, but!, you would get a better coverage of light with the 6 600's, each plant would be that much closer to the source. good luck with your grow, Arti

mace

mace

Given that you will have a vertical issue with the lights i would say that 600's are the way to go in tents. My tent right now has a 1k in her and the fact that i need to keep the light 16 inches away from the plants is going to be an issue once they start their flowering stretch.

If by bubble bucket you mean DWC, they work great from everything i've read on it. I don't do hydro anymore but these thigns definitely work. Plant size/amount is going to depends on your style of growing. If you're going DWC those buckets are a foot or so around. Account for the plants to be about 1.5 to 2 times the size of the buckets and try to get yourself a footprint from that. I don't think a SOG will work with DWC's as dwc's call for veg time, so you're not going to be shoving anything more than like 20-30 plants in a 10x10x10 tent.

N

NW Puffins

I'd go DWC. I run 4 buckets per 1000 watt. Average about 1.5 - 2 lbs. per light. (5'X5') As for tents... I only use them to sleep in.

squarepusher

squarepusher

for limited area, id suppose scrog with reflector lighting could maximize space (vented also for heat issues)

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Best way to get yeild out of that tent is by backing up about 10 feet, get a good running start and knock that fucker over on its side. Without anything inside it of course.

Your 4x4 is now a 7x4 tent with 4 feet of height to grow in. line the top with 4 600's and scrog the plants below that. You can fit about 3 times as many plants by turning your tent on its side. I do this with my veg tent.

This gives you about 28 square feet compared to 16 square feet when the tent is standing up. Besides you will not use that much room if left up and it is a waste of space if you are going to do a scrog anyway.

whoop's, just read this not a 4x4 tent. If you ever get a smaller tent, you know what to do. Hope all goes well for ya.

L

Lost

Danny, if you are growing a few plants, I would do the 1000's. If you are going to run a ton of plants I think you will yield better with the 600's but you will need like 30-50 plnts vs like 10-12 trees. (Or 5 trees with the lights on the outside)

PXP
XPX
PXP

x= light
p=plant

S

sweetcompassion

I have a few of those larger tents myself & I use the ebb & flow buckets in 2 of the tents. I use flood & drain tables in the other. The buckets work good but you want to change the hoses every new garden because they can get sluggish or problematic. The tables are nicer because I get more consistent growth & it's easier to trouble shoot/fix. Sometimes the buckets don't flood evenly or over flood sometimes. Green Tree makes a better bucket system than CAP in my experience. I use 4 600's with the wing span hoods which has been plenty. The wing span hoods are important because they distribute the light evenly/far so 4 lights will work well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom