How can I quiet down my new air pump?

• Thread starter SNAX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SNAX

SNAX

I just upgraded to an ecoplus commercial air 3 for my tea and nutes but it is WAY louder and we just moved into an older house with little to no insulation between the ceiling and upstairs floor and its much louder than we would like. I considered building a box around it possibly lined with foam, then running a tube off of its intake through the box so it could still get fresh air. Would this design cause it to get too hot though?

dirk d

dirk d

buy a new air pump. one that doesn't have ecoplus on it. and prepare to spend 5x more.

squiggly

squiggly

You could create an insulated box with a muffled intake--but that seems like a lot of work when you could just buy a better model.

orbad

orbad

I've heard of putting fans in an MDF box. That should quiet it down. May be able to build it with a baffle similar to an automobile muffler. Could keep an open flow but bounce sound waves back in.

hempster333

hempster333

I just upgraded to an ecoplus commercial air 3 for my tea and nutes but it is WAY louder and we just moved into an older house with little to no insulation between the ceiling and upstairs floor and its much louder than we would like. I considered building a box around it possibly lined with foam, then running a tube off of its intake through the box so it could still get fresh air. Would this design cause it to get too hot though?
I use a power head for an aquarium to stir up water its more efficient and completely quiet , simple and cheap little or no maint. they have a a little attachment that will help to oxygenate water even more works for water tank also

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
alita. thats what you need if you want quiet. You could also put it in a box built from a sheet of quiet rock drywall. just leave a small vent for air and hook up a computer fan. That would probably be more expensive than the pump though!

A

AMG63

Same problem I went through with my Pondmaster last year, i tried many things to make it quiet and the only thing that worked was to replace it with a Hi-Blow brand.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use a power head for an aquarium to stir up water its more efficient and completely quiet , simple and cheap little or no maint. they have a a little attachment that will help to oxygenate water even more works for water tank also
That will kill microbes, however. The attachment is a venturi.

I would consider building a baffle box and lining that with that sound-deadening insulation. As long as air flow is sufficient, it shouldn't cause overheating or anything like that.

I got myself an Ecoplus 7. I figured, if I'm gonna BLOW, I'm gonna blow REAL HARD. :D

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

You can't really put it in a box as the pump will than pump hot air into your system, not so good. First thing is to isolate it from the floor so no vibes, Get a peace of thick rubber mat like a workout mat. it has to be firm so the pump does not sink into it. You can also suspend the pump with bungee cords. I put mine on a milk crate and put the crate on a work out mat. They use them for kids rooms also at Wally world 4 for 8$

Make sure your pump is always higher than the water it is aerating, if the power goes off it will back syphon all over your floor.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

put it in a smal box with 2 holes cut in it and 4 or a couple rigid flexible apolstery foam, sounds foam, or insulation foam......the apolstery foam works best, but all of them work, also the insulation foam can be used for many many things.. ttake it easy

Top Bottom