How can I slightly lower the temperature in my tent ?

• Thread starter Keod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chris69

Chris69

Hey guys first time grower here.
So I am at the end of week 2 of flowering. Buds are starting to appear and its exciting !

I have a problem with temperatures in my tent when the lights are on.

The thing is I have 2 LED lights: A Marshydro TS3000 (450W from the wall)& Marshydro ECO600 a blurple(220W from the wall)
I run my lights at night. From 22:00 to 10:00 to reduce heat.

Only using the Marshydro TS3000 temperatures do not exceed 26°C/78°F ! So perfect right ?!?

But I want to make use of my 2nd light and add another 220W power for my grow.

But with the Marshydro TS3000 + MarsHydro ECO600 temperatures vary between 26/28°C (78/82°F) to 30°C(86°F) !

So I am slightly to hot for ideal conditions...

Yesterday I tried adding ducting from the window to my tent hoping that the negative pressure created by my exhaust fan would suck up in the fresh cool air from outside . At the moment temps at night outside are in-between 3 to 8°C (37 to 46°F). And so far I feel it kinda works, I can feel a little fresh air coming in from that ducting.

So what do you guys think :
-Is the added 220W worth the trouble ?
-What other methods could I implement?
-Would setting the timer for the extra light for only during the coldest period of the night be a good idea ?

Sorry fir the very long post, I tried to be as clear as possible.
You can live open all holes and the zip down aswell on the tent , had same problem but from the time I was living it open a bit heat was controlled

Top Bottom