how can i tell if i burned my nugs

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGKuShSAL

how can i tell if the light was too close during flowering and the nugs burned? my purple night shade nugs dont feel as sticky when i squeeze them but the casey jones is just as close to the light and the nugs feel moist and sticky

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

If you stick your hand under the light at the same level that your bud is and your hand feels uncomfortably hot (like its burning) then you need to move your light higher. I had
a NL#5 crop years ago that grew a bit out of control (I was out of town for a few days) And when I got back I could literally see where the bud had burned. It doesn't sound as if your at that point yet so that's good! But the hand method is tried and true, ambient and radiant heat are two very different things! Sounds like you may still be in good shape! (By the way the NL#5 was still great smoke) Hope this helps- S0uP

R

Radio_Dread

thats a really good tip michael. thanks alot. i def can vouch for that. i have a shorter plant that all the leaves are poitin upward cos they are short and further from the light then the taller plant that has been demonstrating the unside down U so i have raised the light 2-3 days ago also cause i heard it add frlavor to the tops other than cirtus and hash...

S

seabass212

I think the one thing most people mess up on is thinking if their temp guage says the room is 80 degree and have the guage mounted on the wall and say they stick their hand under the light to see if its hot. How does your hand differ a 80 degree room to a 92 degree room with sticking your hand under the light. A light will heat up and be hot as we all know, but unless you have to correct temp guage monitoring how hot it is under your lights then you would never know. I have burnt my crop before and have seen it with my own eyes and I wish no other grower ever has to see that. Good luck on the grow my friend.

heat stress will melt pistols and yellow out leaves. I hope you dont see either one of those.

D

DoubleDub

keep in mind that with air cooled lights its also possible to have too much light without too much heat. Look for signs of burnt hairs, yellow weird nug structure, yellow/bleached leaves, etc. Also keep i mind a light should be spread out 50 watts per square foot.

N

nog

i burn em all the time, just burnt one now, hehehehehe, try cfl's

Top Bottom