How come my buds are so small?

• Thread starter Ilike2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

The tips looks done but they are torched so it’s hard to say for sure. On the height thing you could also lose the metal wire splitter and just use 4 ratchet ropes and gain a few inches.

LivingBlackSoil

LivingBlackSoil

I was going to do that but I heard it doesn’t remove the smell as good with that setup.
Try it, might solve your problem and increase bud size. You don't wanna hear what I heard. Looks pretty leafy, you mentioned pm, they like that. Keep air flowing.

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

So are they ready to harvest? I don’t want them to get over ripe.

LivingBlackSoil

LivingBlackSoil

Whole plant pics would help, but ultimately it's on you. I'd wait a week and see if they fatten up. Beautiful colors. Big ups!!

Blastfact

Blastfact

You can take that exhaust fan and filter out of the tent. Sew one end of the prefilter closed. Put it inside the filter and pull it up and over the female filter flange and put the discharge side of your exhaust fan in like normal. Use the prefilter as a bag filter. Just throw the fan and filter combo on top of the tent. And your carbon filter does not care what direction the air flows through it. As small as those buds are I would let them run for another week and monitor the trikes color. Cant tell in the pics what they are really doing...

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I feel dumb for not thinking of this. Def gonna do that when I get a new filter mines almost toast so no point right now but great idea. I love my 10 also. G40. @Blastfact

Blastfact

Blastfact

I feel dumb for not thinking of this. Def gonna do that when I get a new filter mines almost toast so no point right now but great idea. I love my 10 also. G40. @Blastfact
Got G40, G20 and a few other 10's. Load/Reload my 10's on a Dillon 550C and a Lee Classic Turret.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

So do hps make bigger buds than led does? I don’t mind getting one but I’m growing in a tent. Wouldn’t that have a big increase in my temps? I use a tent so I can keep the smell contained. It’s illegal to grow in my republican controlled state. I’d have to keep my tent door open if the temps are to high. If I do that the smell would get out. I think if my neighbors found out they would probably rob me.
With a HPS light in the tent the temps get higher buy run a duct in one side with a inline fan blowing into the light and on the outlet side put a carbon filter. And get a baseball bat for the neighbors, that's what I use or a strong stun gun depends on what state you live in. Im not an artist but this would work good if you can do it cover the smell and the added heat.

IMG 20220401 060530
Last edited:
Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

i like the stun gun idea. I don’t have to worry about them calling the cops but I do got to worry about them breaking my window and stealing all my plants. I’m pretty sure they are drug dealers, probably meth as that seems to be the drug of choice in the Midwest. I see different cars pulling up in their driveway all hours of the day and night. I just mind my biz cause I know the cops know about them, they just don’t do anything about it.

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

Your idea to put the filter outside the tent is a great idea. As soon as this grow finishes I’ll do that. I just think it’s to late at this point in my grow to be able to turn the light up. I’d say they have a week at most 2 weeks left and it won’t make that much of a difference in a week. You live and learn. Though I can’t wait to smoke the slurricane I got. I’ve heard alot of good things about it, also star killer and godfather og.

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

Are these ready? I was told to harvest them. They are sure loaded with tricombs. It’s a fs/gg4 strain.

32934B2B F784 4E5B 833B 8E215E5219E5
39F8134B 28E9 45FE 9493 0DF2E246871D
4365225D C351 43DF BD6B D7433AD743D1
L

loveinyourheart

I was going to do that but I heard it doesn’t remove the smell as good with that setup.
Im a noob, but in my setup i had no choice to setup my exauhst fan and carbon filter outside the tent. Works great. No smell

Budbhoy01

Budbhoy01

Hey I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong. I keep hearing and reading that some plants buds get so big that they need to be supported. I don’t have any of my plants that have big buds like that. Is it bc of the led light? When I use to grow years ago with a 1000 watt hps bulb they did get that big. But then I just grew in my closet for flower and the room for veg. I had a whole room dedicated to just growing. It’s just very frustrating that I can never get those huge buds. I even had my led turned up to 50% but all that did was burn the leaves. I turned the light back down, but what am I supposed to do?
In the pics you can see how my light started to burn some of them. I just turned it back down to 40%. I’m using a se4000.
What wk you on I grow under hps always but lately I’ve been thinking about lumatek led puts out 1000watts & upwards but for now it’s hps & Advanced nutrients check my YouTube channel it’s 10 yr old but I was locked 🔒 up for a long time growing & firearms are illegal in the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 but check out Budbhoy01 on YouTube excuse voice I was undercover but you’ll probably get some tips there are 77 videos there you can get something from

H

hawkman

Hey I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong. I keep hearing and reading that some plants buds get so big that they need to be supported. I don’t have any of my plants that have big buds like that. Is it bc of the led light? When I use to grow years ago with a 1000 watt hps bulb they did get that big. But then I just grew in my closet for flower and the room for veg. I had a whole room dedicated to just growing. It’s just very frustrating that I can never get those huge buds. I even had my led turned up to 50% but all that did was burn the leaves. I turned the light back down, but what am I supposed to do?
In the pics you can see how my light started to burn some of them. I just turned it back down to 40%. I’m using a se4000.
many led's instruct lowering light % : example (this is for a 240Led QB --seedlinf stage 30-36 inches (50%) for vegations sateg (or after 2 weeks from sprout)begin to increase power, as weeks continue. lower the light gradually to about 24 inches (75% power) for flower 16-20 inches is ideal at 100% ((Every strain and plants have different requirements) Some have hard time with LED light intensity running light too close .once you get use to your light you can dial it in. If you run out of height that's when you start to decrease you light 40% might work taking into consideration of light and grow room size

H

hawkman

What wk you on I grow under hps always but lately I’ve been thinking about lumatek led puts out 1000watts & upwards but for now it’s hps & Advanced nutrients check my YouTube channel it’s 10 yr old but I was locked 🔒 up for a long time growing & firearms are illegal in the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 but check out Budbhoy01 on YouTube excuse voice I was undercover but you’ll probably get some tips there are 77 videos there you can get something from
remember when switching lights you need to give your self time for your learning curve here is one product that will pack on bud size (MassiveBloom) (Green Planet Nutrients) extra P & K in weeks 4-6 will add size also ( weeks 1-3 bud development - weeks 4-6 bud size - weeks 7-8 inflower watch your buds fatten-up)

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Can you raise your light anymore at all? If so I would do that than crank the light

Top Bottom