How common is this issue?

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

I've crossed Jack hearer with white widow. I've cracked and grown out about 30 seeds so far. Between me and a couple others.

So far, everything is flavorless, almost terpene free. The THC is high, the plant grows like a beast. Its hardy and clones nice and everything. But so far no flavor out of anything. And any phenotype changes seem very slight if any.

Is there anyone in Canada who wants some seeds? So far my dad and I are calling it "Bud light".

Seriously. It doesnt even smell while its growing. When you smoke it, it's very smooth and flavorless but has a ton of thc and gets you high. The most flavor I've gotten out of it is pressing rosin. And it's very slight.

Is this a known thing? Did I choose the wrong 2 plants to hump? Is there a place for plants that dont smell?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've crossed Jack hearer with white widow. I've cracked and grown out about 30 seeds so far. Between me and a couple others.

So far, everything is flavorless, almost terpene free. The THC is high, the plant grows like a beast. Its hardy and clones nice and everything. But so far no flavor out of anything. And any phenotype changes seem very slight if any.

Is there anyone in Canada who wants some seeds? So far my dad and I are calling it "Bud light".

Seriously. It doesnt even smell while its growing. When you smoke it, it's very smooth and flavorless but has a ton of thc and gets you high. The most flavor I've gotten out of it is pressing rosin. And it's very slight.

Is this a known thing? Did I choose the wrong 2 plants to hump? Is there a place for plants that dont smell?
I'm not a breeder of seeds so I know not what concoctions your 2 strains may develop into but how can you go wrong with those two popular strains?
I notice I don't get the aroma out of my plants in the summer heat like I do in the winter months.

I've a beauty Platinum OG growing now at 9 weeks in flower tomorrow and its scentless as well. I'm also smoking one as I write this from a previous harvest and it doesn't have a pungent scent in the bag but tastes great, now that its had a month to cure.

Have you grown your seeds out in cooler temps?....It might just be some just don't smell, a stealth growers dream. In door grow with no weed smell, grow in apartments without filters. You may have a hit if it still gets you high.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Jack and Widow both have strong odor of their own. Is it possible they are just named that? It seems unlikely crossing those 2 lines would not have a strong aroma,and the crosses reflect the odor of both. I grow both and have crossed both.Do they stink durning growth?Also plants will start to stink more when stressed to ward off predators.

BigCube

BigCube

I'm not a breeder of seeds so I know not what concoctions your 2 strains may develop into but how can you go wrong with those two popular strains?
I notice I don't get the aroma out of my plants in the summer heat like I do in the winter months.

I've a beauty Platinum OG growing now at 9 weeks in flower tomorrow and its scentless as well. I'm also smoking one as I write this from a previous harvest and it doesn't have a pungent scent in the bag but tastes great, now that its had a month to cure.

Have you grown your seeds out in cooler temps?....It might just be some just don't smell, a stealth growers dream. In door grow with no weed smell, grow in apartments without filters. You may have a hit if it still gets you high.

Yes. I grow indoor climate controlled and my dad grows outdoors. I grow several other strains as well, but they are known "commercial" strains.

I've even let this one go for 10 weeks now and it still doesnt smell unless you rub it with your fingers. Then it is very faint.

20220907 080646
BigCube

BigCube

Jack and Widow both have strong odor of their own. Is it possible they are just named that? It seems unlikely crossing those 2 lines would not have a strong aroma,and the crosses reflect the odor of both. I grow both and have crossed both.Do they stink durning growth?Also plants will start to stink more when stressed to ward off predators.

I hear you. The plants they came from were great. Grew them both several times. At the time this happend, my father had both jack and widow outside in a patch where he found a jack male a few days too late.

All the plants, even the one the seeds came off were normal. I am currently running one up to 12 weeks to see maybe it just needs a long time. But at 10 weeks in it looks like it wants to be harvested.

I've topped and LST'd and am even using uvb. Literally nothing seems to work lol.

BigCube

BigCube

It certainly sounds like a genetic issue, if you normally have stinky plants.

Yeah, normally I get compliments on the flavor of my flower. I run ac units and uvb bulbs and everything.

Even now, I have other plants in veg (gelato) that smell more than "bud light" does ever in its entire grow cycle.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I hear you. The plants they came from were great. Grew them both several times. At the time this happend, my father had both jack and widow outside in a patch where he found a jack male a few days too late.

All the plants, even the one the seeds came off were normal. I am currently running one up to 12 weeks to see maybe it just needs a long time. But at 10 weeks in it looks like it wants to be harvested.

I've topped and LST'd and am even using uvb. Literally nothing seems to work lol.
I've been playing with Jack and Cindy for a long,long time and put them both together many times and every plant from the cross, male or female is vigorous,stable,cooperative,super easy to grow & has a beautiful aroma,( that is downright addictive)and every one is really potent. I don't even bother cloning for outdoor,just plant new seeds, in february because I know the outcome. They show sex early as well.I'm in Ontario Canada and they finish before frost,probably because Cindy tames it. IMO Jack is a wonderful line,Sensi Seeds really came through. Jack Herer is almost 30 years old and still sets the bar

BigCube

BigCube

I like it too. I just cant figure this out. Lol. Unless some local hemp pollen found it's way over there. But even then you would think it wouldn't be so frosty.

growsince79

growsince79

I think its pretty common-at least for me it is. It's all a genetic lotto even crossing stable strains is hit and miss. I'm still trying to figure out why my best smelling is never the best tasting, and plants I can't even smell can be the best tasting. Still trying to find miss perfect.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I think hemp has trichromes just devoid of thc
Literally the only difference between hemp and marijuana is the THC levels. Anything >0.30% THC is Cannabis Sativa L. Anything <0.30% THC is Cannabis Sativa (or indica - weed). The "L" stands for Legal. Other than that, they both look the same, grow the same, smell the same, and taste the same (strain differences aside).

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Literally the only difference between hemp and marijuana is the THC levels. Anything >0.30% THC is Cannabis Sativa L. Anything <0.30% THC is Cannabis Sativa (or indica - weed). The "L" stands for Legal. Other than that, they both look the same, grow the same, smell the same, and taste the same (strain differences aside).
Hemp lacks the enzyme for thc conversion,that's what distinguishes drug cannabis. Hemp is usually rich in cbd. These cbd strains people buy can be bought for next to nothing if you buy hemp seeds.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hemp lacks the enzyme for thc conversion,that's what distinguishes drug cannabis. Hemp is usually rich in cbd. These cbd strains people buy can be bought for next to nothing if you buy hemp seeds.
Yeah hemp seeds are definitely cheaper than "weed" seeds.. Grain and Fiber strain seeds are even cheaper - they sell those by the pound!

BigCube

BigCube

I think its pretty common-at least for me it is. It's all a genetic lotto even crossing stable strains is hit and miss. I'm still trying to figure out why my best smelling is never the best tasting, and plants I can't even smell can be the best tasting. Still trying to find miss perfect.

Lol. Ok it's not just me. Guess I should just abandon these seeds and try some other combination.

Top Bottom