How Dark At Light Out?

• Thread starter DezmondG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DezmondG

DezmondG

Hey everyone. I have a question. This is my second week into flower and I am growing in a 4x4 Vivosun tent in my basement. I have 2 oscillating fans and a 4” filter pulling out the warm air. At the bottom of the tent, I have both the mesh ports open to allow air in. When lights are off (9:00 pm- 9am) I have the door closed to the basement. To me it’s pretty dark. Am I getting tooo worried about light getting in? Does it have to be sooooooo dark you can’t see your hand in front of your face?

How dark at light out
How dark at light out 2
threatco

threatco

Different strains will have widely different tolerances to light leaks. I leave the bottom of mine open and my room gets pretty sunny sometimes. there is even a glowing power cord in there. In six Generations my girls have never noticed.

I would say biggest danger is short brief exposures to a lot of light vs ongoing low-level light leaks

Last edited:
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Threatco has it right. It's level + time.
Any light level lower than 1 Lux is good all night.
That's the approximate level of a full moon in the tropics.
They can take a few flash photos with no problem too.
It's very bright, but very short. Kinda like lightening in the tropics. :)
Aloha,
Weeze

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey everyone. I have a question. This is my second week into flower and I am growing in a 4x4 Vivosun tent in my basement. I have 2 oscillating fans and a 4” filter pulling out the warm air. At the bottom of the tent, I have both the mesh ports open to allow air in. When lights are off (9:00 pm- 9am) I have the door closed to the basement. To me it’s pretty dark. Am I getting tooo worried about light getting in? Does it have to be sooooooo dark you can’t see your hand in front of your face?
Shut the square vents, put a 4 or 5 foot length of silver ducting running out of the round bottom vent hole, as long as it has a 90° bend or two in it it will block the light and still provide a perfect low air Inlet

Top Bottom