How do I calibrate my ph meter with it's calibration solution? Halp!

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey buds...I ordered a cheap ph meter of amazon recently and it came with 2 calibration "dust crystal" solutions...a ph 4.0 and a ph 6.86.

What I want to know is how exactly do I go about calibrating these things...

how much of these solutions do I add to water... reason i'm asking is because if I add a touch to a shot glass of water I get a different reading then when I add the same amount to a full glass...someone help me out...

View attachment IMG_6865.JPG View attachment IMG_6866.JPG View attachment IMG_6867.JPG
G

GrimloxK

what if I used some of it already...does that really affect the makeup amount?

jammie

jammie

hey grim. most new meters come calibrated. don't dilute- use the calibration solution full strength. let the probe sit in solution for at least 2-3 minutes before using that little screwdriver to adjust the reading on the meter. next flush with (ideally) distilled or RO water before doing the other calibration. make sure you clean the probes before doing your calibration- shouldn't be necessary if probe is new. i clean and check calibration every months or 2.

jammie

jammie

oops- my bad. ive never used anything that wasn't already a solution.

G

GrimloxK

Well I just added what ever solution I had to 250 ml of water and calibrated.

I think i'm gonna have to visit my hydro store soon and pick up some solution...thanks buds.

Today my plant is going haywire...might be a ph problem...I hope I can salvage her.

Top Bottom