How do I finish my first hydroponiclly grown harvest!!!??

• Thread starter Rickypohiogrower32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rickypohiogrower32

Rickypohiogrower32

I'm in my last two weeks of my first hydroponiclly grown harvest.. after a bunch of failed attempts I'm finally there but I wanted to know some tips and tricks for finishing... And how exactly do I flush.

BigCube

BigCube

There are no hard and fast rules. But some things just end up being easier.

Flushing depends in your preferences and your growing method. Most people flush for 1 week. A week before you crop, give the plant only water. No nutrients. Some people like to take an extra week to ween the plant down from full nutrients to zero, as I do. But honestly I dont think it makes much of a difference.

Some people stop watering it a day or 2 before cropping. This may reduce your drying time by a bit. I've never done it this way, so I dont know if it works.

Some people think it makes a difference what time you crop (day or night). I dont thinking matters personally.

It's not that imparitive that you follow any one set of instructions. It's more important that you crop at the right time, keep the flowers in a low humidity environment, keep air flowing around them and keep the lights off.

Try not to let them dry out too fast, and dont let the humidity get too high and you should be good.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

For hydro, you really only need 2-3 days at most in plain water. After that, your plants will start dying quickly. Last thing you want is the sugar tips on your buds looking brown and shitty.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

They aren't "finished" until you've felt the THC twinkling in your cerebellum. 🤪 😁

But seriously, do give them about 6 weeks to cure if you plan to smoke/vape. Post some harvest pics when you chop her down.

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

Flushing is a matter of opinion, i do it.
Hydro 3 days to a week, soil 2 weeks.

I cut the plant down trim the fan leaves with stems, and leave the rest on.
Slow dry at 60% humidity as whole plants hanging till the stems snap, i usually dry 11 to 14 days really slow.
Then do a dry trim and into jars, use hygrometers to keep the jars at 60-63%. Burp them daily for a week, then once a week for a month. If humidity in the jars drops below 55%, add the 62% 2 way humidity packs to the jars. Wait 3 months 😳 and it will smell like Jesus's n^+ sack.
Patience......

Top Bottom