How do i increase the potency?

• Thread starter badbusa1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

badbusa1

I want to make sure i have done everything in my power to ensure i have the maximum potency. I have a Jack Herer strain that looks, tastes and smells great but does not have the potency that Jack Herer is known for. Please help!

A

awed

we need more information. my guess is your not using the right lights. can you explain your setup? lights, nutrients, temps, medium

B

Bearsfather

My guess... is that you are sampling the plant before its' fully mature - thus the "potency" is low??

420king-MASSES

go i little bit longer in flower get a hand held microscope and harevest when your tricks are 60/40 milkywhite/amber then your girl will be at her peak potency

S

Skunkenstein

Hang dry your buds in the dark,then jar cure for several weeks..if your buds smell like ''Hay'', they are not ready!When my buds smell like ''Incense'' or fine perfume,then they are ready..green buds will never hav the potency of properly cured bud. Just like wine...perfection takes time!!

L

luvtogrow

You can expect variable potency from hazes. Get the correct pheno and you'll see the diff.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

How much is purely strain/pheno choice, and how much is grow related -environment, nutes, etc.

Ever have potency get a LOT better for the same strain when you finally get it dialed in compared to a poor or newbie grow attempt?

420king-MASSES

ive also noticed that depending on strain the clones from the seed plant are more potent and express its traits better

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

How do i increase the potency?

Increase your horticulture skills. There are no shortcuts. To get the most potency out of a plant you have to give it what it needs. What does it need? What are you doing to it to either stress it out or not provide the proper environment for it to maximize its genetic potential?

If you are having problems with potency off of a known strain, you have a problem in your garden and it is probably the skill of the gardener, and it could be one of many things.

Don't take any of that the wrong way. There is a reason, based upon experience I put it so bluntly.

Search the grow threads on this and other sites. Find one that matches your system (dirt, e&F, nft, buckets, etc.) and is producing crystally digity dank.

Copy that gardener's regime. Do not deviate until after you have a few crops under your belt. Don't forget about temps and humidity. Did I mention to NOT DEVIATE AND START MAKING SHIT UP ON YOUR OWN.

Not trying to be a dick, just blunt and honest. If you are asking questions like this, your best bet is to copy a successful grow. If you are doing this already, we need a lot more info to provide you with any advice that would be useful.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

ive also noticed that depending on strain the clones from the seed plant are more potent and express its traits better

I am calling bullshit on this one.

No need to start nasty and untrue rumors about Sweet Lady Jane.

F

farmerjohn

He may be on to something, however, as far as potency goes. Clones are older, more mature:muscle & therefore more apt to bud quicker & be more potent, than a seed plant of the same size, running under the same environmental conditions.

Not so sure about expressing traits, however. That may be more due to heredity or expressions from different phenos of the same strain & not necessarily just something that cloned plants have over seed plants.:sun2:

S

SSHZ

I've always found genetics to be most important, growing skills second. You can't get strong pot fom bad genetics but you can still get strong pot while growing poorly.......(just not alot of it)LOL

J

johard59

Higher potency and THC is created from genetic manipulation, natural weed is 1% THC and genetically modified (currently smoked and grown weed) is 14% THC. This can get smokers high easier considered higher quality but usually the higher potency the higher risk of side effects.

Top Bottom