How Do I Install These Wires Grom A Cable Plug Into My Fan?

• Thread starter Tomonaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tomonaut

I don't know what the colours mean in Europe and I don't wanna shock myself.

How do i install these wires grom a cable plug into my fan
Toaster79

Toaster79

Green is ground, blue and brown are live wires. Since you've got a plastic fan you don't need the green wire. Just make sure it doesn't short anywhere.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

One is common, one is hot, one is ground. Here in the states green is usually ground. If you open your breaker panel look at what color(s) go to the actual breaker. That one is hot or also known as (line) then if there is not a spot for a ground wire on your fan twist the common an ground together. Please don't disregard the ground wire. Not using a ground is unsafe an open for power surges.

Toaster79

Toaster79

One is common, one is hot, one is ground. Here in the states green is usually ground. If you open your breaker panel look at what color(s) go to the actual breaker. That one is hot or also known as (line) then if there is not a spot for a ground wire on your fan twist the common an ground together. Please don't disregard the ground wire. Not using a ground is unsafe an open for power surges.

Are trying to kill him? You don't ever connect a ground to neutral unless it is so wired in the breaker box. Besides if there is a GFCI in the circuit it's gonna keep tripping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom