How do I keep my first male easily?

• Thread starter OpTikFiber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Hey breeders,

I have grown for a while in and outdoor. Always have used the practice of killing males. But now I am more mature, have a stable grow area, and curious.

So I bought a few feminized strains when I got going again about a year ago from The Attitude. With my order came a few free strains from G13 labs. So from 6 normal G13 Labs Power Skunk seeds I got two that sprouted (their free beans...they all kinda sprouted with shoty results like this) --One male and one female. They defiantly have a "skunk looking" leaf form and are unique for my present collection. So even if G13 Power Skunk isn't a real top notch strain I plan to keep them for now. I am going to make the Female a mother meanwhile starting the first, now available clone and get it budding asap to see what I really have here.

So to my real question... What is the easiest way to take care of this one male and reap some male pollen to stash away in the freezer? Do I need to make it it's own grow box running on 12/12 and then put it back in Veg after getting some pollen sacks? Is there an easier way?

Then after I do get my pollen is it safe to put into my Mother & Clone area? This is in a large stand up homemade box setup (light sealed) sitting within my bud room. The box is vented into the outgoing air under the house...but then again fresh air comes from under the house now that it is winter.

Well hopefully someone doesn't mind answering a newbs questions. I did kind of search a bit and look at the stickies but nothing seemed to to fit this very beginning male salvage routine. Thanks guys.

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Thanks for pointing that thread out! Now i am pretty dang educated!

If anyone has any tips or personal experience, do be shy to chime in ;)

:cool0044:

Top Bottom