How Do I Know When My Plants Are Done?

• Thread starter Dr.Green916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I am on week 7 of flower. I have Pre-98 Bubba and Master Kush. Any pointers on when I should harvest would be appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to the farm!

If you get a scope 60x zoom you can check the clarity of the trichomes. From how the pics look maybe 1-2 more weeks.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
When a plant is ripe is a very subjective matter truth be known. It helps to get to really know the strain you are working as well as what are you looking for as far as when its done..... Some folks go when all the trichs are cloudy, some go with all cloudy and some amber, it really all is a matter of personal choice and what your friends family or patients want. For example I am ole skool and love a good sativa, but I have anxiety issues and sometimes the raciness of pure sativas give me the noids. So if I am running a satie I will allow more amber trichs to offset some of that raciness so I can relax and enjoy the ride. More amber to me means more sedative

As @Og Gong suggested get a loupe magnifier and keep track of your trichomes along with the color of pistils and if the plant is steadily throwing out new growth/pistils. With some experimentation you will come to know what level of ripenesss you prefer. A side note, strain dependent a plant can at time ripen from the bottom up or the top down. Again, getting to know your strains makes it easier to find your personal sweet spot. Of course if you run willy nilly and grow the flavor of that month ever cycle you will never get a true feel for when your gurlz are done because all strains vary somewhat....... I hope that made sense.

K

kolah

Knowing when to pick... and then drying and curing can make or break for great weed. Sometimes * (but rare IMO) you can't always go by the loupe and trichrome inspection. There's a thread discussing that as well. There tons of good info here on the farm that goes into details. Good luck!

F

friend

Use you're nose :fire: wait for the dank ,
Wishing you good grow karma

K

kolah

That's called nose-danking. ^^^ invented by Carl Schozzendanker, a Russian dude with a phD in Dankology..graduated from Dankity-Dank College.

Why did I say "pick" in my other post? They ain't fucking cherries. How about "harvest" or "chop"...wtf..lol

F

friend

It sounds like Carl Schozzendanker and i graduated from the same school, old school :)
Sometimes when i think it's done, i wait a week.
I think strains and pheno types are all different?
I do love me some early Trainwreck :nailbiting:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi, I made a thread for that, even if you don't have a loupe. (I haven't used a loupe to determine doneness in years now, in part because I keep losing my damn loupe!)

In my signature line. Go check it out. :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That's called nose-danking. ^^^ invented by Carl Schozzendanker, a Russian dude with a phD in Dankology..graduated from Dankity-Dank College.

Why did I say "pick" in my other post? They ain't fucking cherries. How about "harvest" or "chop"...wtf..lol
@kolah is clearly blazed!!!!! ........Whatcha smokin there big boy!!!!! I wanna toke :cool:

DankyPanky

DankyPanky

Dankity-Dank College was dank as fuck, and the girls of the THC house were on point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom