How do I lower my VPD ? using a Pulse

• Thread starter NedReynolds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NedReynolds

NedReynolds

3 days into owning a Pulse I watch my VPD climb higher and higher... sometimes above 2..
2.3 to be exact... always at the hottest part of the day cycle.

Can I just apply cold conditioned air ?

I am also color blind and thought to make a post for color blinded folks like me.
Harder to grow when you can't see it right or wrong....

Thanks kindly - First post! Cheers - Ned
How do i lower my vpd  using a pulse
Reynolds

Kepp89

Kepp89

click that big box
it'll show the fancy graph. a mouse hover tells you which is which in abbreviations so being color blind wont affect you there.
scroll down to the VPD guidance spot a bit underneath the graph.
type in what VPD you want to achieve. hit enter.

it'll then show you what to change your temp to or your humidity to. usually aim to increase (in your case) humidity, its cheaper and easier and thats generally what plants want. otherwise youd have to lower your temp to about 65 to lower your vpd to where you'd want it and plants aren't too thrilled to be in those temps.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Usually humidity control is what you want. Inkbird controllers are great for running a humidifier and keeping it within a narrow zone. I ran one all winter and had great results. Now that it’s warming up I’m having to run a dehumidifier which has its own monitor and controls so no external controller is needed. With LEDs you want warmer leaf temps for ideal results. 80 degrees ambient temp is the sweet spot in my experience.

NedReynolds

NedReynolds

I’ve so much to learn... goodness.
But I would say it’s still not overwhelmingly difficult work. The light is doing ALL the work.

NedReynolds

NedReynolds

Trying to get my sunglasses on the phones camera ... ugh...

NedReynolds

NedReynolds

One small one... it started out as a temporary but stuck until I figure out which tent.
Looking at BudBox XL150.
Whatever tent ... I will have 2-3 fans...

But yeah.. right now just a small Honeywell... moving a little air constantly thru the canopy as best it can...

visajoe1

visajoe1

Dang! Thats an expensive tent. Save your money and get a cheap one and use that money for other stuff. I've had several tents, they're all the same. I paid less than $85 for my 4x4 new

NedReynolds

NedReynolds

I bought a 5x5 from Amazon for $138... can't get the damn thing set up by myself... fuck... thanks fucking virus.
I set the tent poles up only to take it down and move it.

IMG 5650
IMG 5533
Last edited:
Kepp89

Kepp89

i bet you can set it up yourself its just a hassle. mine took about 15 minutes to get the wrap around the tent, its 4' x 8' x 7' but i did it solo little by little

NedReynolds

NedReynolds

The shit part is I am working with only one good leg.
I had a plastic one put in.. my old one wore out.
Skateboarding ... and 100% worth it. 110%
But yeah.. I can go and do it.. right fuckin now.

visajoe1

visajoe1

it is a bitch, no lie. i put my 4x4x7 together solo, used my body and arms to support it until i got two full sides done. Then it was easy.

visajoe1

visajoe1

3 days into owning a Pulse I watch my VPD climb higher and higher... sometimes above 2..
2.3 to be exact... always at the hottest part of the day cycle.

Can I just apply cold conditioned air ?

I am also color blind and thought to make a post for color blinded folks like me.
Harder to grow when you can't see it right or wrong....

Thanks kindly - First post! Cheers - NedView attachment 951581 Reynolds

do you have a laser thermometer? if not, find a cheap one somewhere. you need to find your actual leaf temps to know true status of your plants and actual VPD. if you have multiple strains, they likely run at different temperatures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom