How do I mount my Fan?

• Thread starter medicalgrowman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I am setting-up my walk-in closet as my Grow-Room.
At the moment I have a Kosher Kush growing under my new IndaGro 420 Light.
I want to keep heat and smell to a minimum,
so I'm installing a 6" Fan & Carbon Filter.
My last grow I had a tent, so I just simply laid my 4" fan on top of the tent,
but I can't figure out how to attach this 6" fan to the ceiling?
I'd like to avoid going up into the attic if possible,
because there's not much of anything to walk on up there.
So if possible, I'd like to secure it from my closet.
Any advice? Thanx! How do i mount my fanHow do i mount my fan 2Ceiling hole

P

paulycali

Use a bungie cord. An adjustable one if you can find it. Attach the metal ends of the bungie cords to the holes on the fan mount. Attach rubber part to the ceiling

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

Thanks but what "rubber" part are you talking about? There are no rubber parts on my fan.
Thanx for your help!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I am an outdoor dirt farmer..but I have been told,
if you can avoid any bends in the duct Or No Duct at all., it is even better :)

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I am an outdoor dirt farmer..but I have been told,
if you can avoid any bends in the duct Or No Duct at all., it is even better :)

Wrong it works great. Try not and have more than 3 bends but certainly don't worry about one bend especially when the ducting is so short. Very little resistance if any on such a short run. Lets help the guy vs mislead him mr moderator.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Wrong it works great. Try not and have more than 3 bends but certainly don't worry about one bend especially when the ducting is so short. Very little resistance if any on such a short run. Lets help the guy vs mislead him mr moderator.
Thanks for the correction Dan!

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Also if you have any ballasts in the room put them on the shelf as well :) it's very efficient this way as it not only removes the heat from the room but its sucking the heat off the ballasts as well. It works great for me. I have it covered in winter if you notice the cap on the end. Good luck

K

Kron Don

Make sure your fan is not off kilter as well, quickest way to throw your motor off balance then you're screwed for ventilation.

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

Ok I've got it hanging from hooks and bungi cords.
I still have some fine tuning to do, but it works!
Thanks everybody!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think even 1 bend will slow it down a few CFM, like you said very little resistance, it wont effect your grow in a negative way, but I don't think its misleading info he gave. Every bend will slightly slow down the flow, which is why more then 3 will have a significant effect and 1 bend will barely make a difference.

IMHO it sounded like basic info to give someone when they are asking for help installing a fan and carbon filter.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I think even 1 bend will slow it down a few CFM, like you said very little resistance, it wont effect your grow in a negative way, but I don't think its misleading info he gave. Every bend will slightly slow down the flow, which is why more then 3 will have a significant effect and 1 bend will barely make a difference.

IMHO it sounded like basic info to give someone when they are asking for help installing a fan and carbon filter.

I was teasing him hes a friend of mine...Happy Easter

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

:(
A 90-degree bend has pressure drop equal to
approximately twenty (20) lineal feet of flexible
duct. So each 90-degree bend will add
twenty (20) equivalent feet to the length used
for sizing calculations.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

a 90 degree bend will reduce your flow by about 60% according to Cevantes. That said I had a fan that came with no mounting brackets like yours. I just built a frame from 1x2s and used the frame to mount it. Hanging from a bungee will reduce the sound though.

Top Bottom