How do I prevent the story of Icarus (getting to close to sun(HPS light)

• Thread starter jebemtimojozemlo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

I have a closet grow with 2 plants. One seems to be growing "normally"(less tall and more bushy) while the other one keeps extending and is now so close to the light im worried about burning it. The strains are the same so I did not expect that to happen. What should i do?

How do i prevent the story of icarus getting to close to sunhps light
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Just bend the top 3-6” over past 90 degrees. It will encourage the lower branches to grow and it will slow down the main stem. Gently Pinch the stem in between nodes and roll it a bit between your fingers to help it bend. Or just cut it off and get 2 tops
And feed her

Reactions: Rkf
euphoria526

euphoria526

Just bend the top 3-6” over past 90 degrees. It will encourage the lower branches to grow and it will slow down the main stem. Gently Pinch the stem in between nodes and roll it a bit between your fingers to help it bend. Or just cut it off and get 2 tops
And feed her
agreed. id go down 4-5 nodes and do it. save a bunch of room

Pippins

Pippins

You can supercrop the stem 90 degrees without doing lasting harm to the plant, but you may have to support it in that position. The bend will heal and the top will turn back up towards the light, you should do it soon.

chemistry

chemistry

I grew a plant that stretched to three inches below my HPS, it spent the next six weeks of flower there, and all it did was produce a bigger muff on the tips.

Rkf

Rkf

And feed her
Agreed. Bend her down. Great technique i wouldnt top in week 2/3 which is what it looks like to me

quirk

quirk

And where his wings were joined,
Sweet smelling fluid ran hot,
Where once was wax.

I thought about this while drifting to earth on gossamer threads after ejecting. One of my favorites by Ovid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom