How do i reduce the space between each budsite on the branch?

• Thread starter farmer219
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
farmer219

farmer219

Not sure if im saying it right but my girls have a big gap between each budsite on each branch.
Been seeing other's on the forum and theirs look chonky, thiccc, and is usually filled between the top budsite and the next done down.

is this hereditary or am i fucking up somewhere?

ph 6 ppm 1200
day: 80-85 deg 50 rh
night: high 60's deg 60rh
veg'ed for 4 weeks.
DAY 31 of flower.

How do i reduce the space between each budsite on the branch
How do i reduce the space between each budsite on the branch 2
How do i reduce the space between each budsite on the branch 3
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Your looking pretty good man for three weeks, your buds will continue to grow and get larger for a nother three or four weeks depending on what kinda flowering window your plants have. Judging by the amount of white pistles i can tell you that those buds will grow a lot more, and after the first major pistles die back will swell up like crazy. You may have run too much N for too long instead of switching over to high P-K foods, your leaves look pretty dark and the purpling on the stems looks like you may need some more P and/or Ca Mg. Some genetics grow out like that, Platinum Kush comes to mind, with a bunch of crystaly rocks and not any major cola formations. Classic kush plants, lowish yields of the flame. My guess is prolly genetics, if you want monster colas then find that kinda of genetic. The battle seems to always be between yields and quality.
Your also running a bit hot, it would be ideal to be in the seventies.
But on a different note what your talking about many growers refer to as "stacking" and thats the stretch between nodes and the beginning developmentation of colas. Check out tricantanol, its in alfalfa and really helps your plants stack up good.

growsince79

growsince79

Not sure if im saying it right but my girls have a big gap between each budsite on each branch.
Been seeing other's on the forum and theirs look chonky, thiccc, and is usually filled between the top budsite and the next done down.

is this hereditary or am i fucking up somewhere?

ph 6 ppm 1200
day: 80-85 deg 50 rh
night: high 60's deg 60rh
veg'ed for 4 weeks.
DAY 31 of flower.
Keep day and night temps within about 10f. Use plenty of blue light and keep close.

farmer219

farmer219

Your looking pretty good man for three weeks, your buds will continue to grow and get larger for a nother three or four weeks depending on what kinda flowering window your plants have. Judging by the amount of white pistles i can tell you that those buds will grow a lot more, and after the first major pistles die back will swell up like crazy. You may have run too much N for too long instead of switching over to high P-K foods, your leaves look pretty dark and the purpling on the stems looks like you may need some more P and/or Ca Mg. Some genetics grow out like that, Platinum Kush comes to mind, with a bunch of crystaly rocks and not any major cola formations. Classic kush plants, lowish yields of the flame. My guess is prolly genetics, if you want monster colas then find that kinda of genetic. The battle seems to always be between yields and quality.
Your also running a bit hot, it would be ideal to be in the seventies.
But on a different note what your talking about many growers refer to as "stacking" and thats the stretch between nodes and the beginning developmentation of colas. Check out tricantanol, its in alfalfa and really helps your plants stack up good.

wow thanks for the information!

Yep its wedding cake so your spot on on the indica thing.

Great eyes bud, i didn't notice the purple stems until you mentioned it... currently doing 6 ml/g of Cal Mag but ill probably up it to 8 ml/g.

farmer219

farmer219

Keep day and night temps within about 10f. Use plenty of blue light and keep close.

Will do. I used to have a heater on during night time but i read that it didn't really matter and it actually makes your bud purplish - thoughts?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
To put it simply:

Blue: shortens internodes but smaller buds

Red: stretches internodes but grows big buds

IR: Same as red but much more drastic.

UV: super confusing because there are different kinds of UV and they do different things with different other colours. Look it up if you're interested.

You can see why having too much of 1 colour would be bad.

Top Bottom