How do people reduce heat on hot days??

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Living in a hot summer climate me and others have always struggled to keep the room temp down some days have had it as hot as 40 °C in the grow room, have ducting sucking the hot air away from the lights but still nothing to dramatically bring them temp down. On hot days I usually just try keep the medium wet and hope for the best and some times add additional oscillating fans.
The temps never heavily had adverse effects on them but I know i would be able to get improved results if it was more constant.
Anyone with similar problems?
Cheers

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Living in a hot summer climate me and others have always struggled to keep the room temp down some days have had it as hot as 40 °C in the grow room, have ducting sucking the hot air away from the lights but still nothing to dramatically bring them temp down. On hot days I usually just try keep the medium wet and hope for the best and some times add additional oscillating fans.
The temps never heavily had adverse effects on them but I know i would be able to get improved results if it was more constant.
Anyone with similar problems?
Cheers
Air conditioners, & turn your ballast down to its lowest setting 60% if you're able to, I can drop almost 10f turning my ballast down to 60% and lots of air flow. I've read on here some have temps in the 95f range but use a very high air flow through their rooms and their plants thrive. I panic over 85f but humidity is more of a problem in my room than heat is.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Fully agree, have a better set up nowadays so don't have the problem as often as I used too have been thinking bout getting an old air conditioning unit for a while now do most people include one in their grow? Cool thanks for the input guys yeah I have also had unintentional success at growing in high temps above 90f only been badly effected by heat stress once and even then none went to seed luckily... but just trying to get into having things more regulated and constant. How big of an air conditioner unit do people use?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Fully agree, have a better set up nowadays so don't have the problem as often as I used too have been thinking bout getting an old air conditioning unit for a while now do most people include one in their grow? Cool thanks for the input guys yeah I have also had unintentional success at growing in high temps above 90f only been badly effected by heat stress once and even then none went to seed luckily... but just trying to get into having things more regulated and constant. How big of an air conditioner unit do people use?
Depends on your room size but they can also add a ton of heat to the room if its not vented outside and older means they'll cost more to run. I think most growers will have some way to control their heat and a lot do use air conditioners to keep their rooms tuned to the exact temps they want.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Flowers grown in proper temps can be more potent. Heat stress hurts potency. Nanners are a seperate issue but most commonly caused by stress.

Ac needs to be sized to your room and wattage.

I have 2 600’s in the flower room. I use the room next door as a lung room and veg room. The veg tent has 250 watts of flourescents.

I have an 8k btu window unit in the lung room. And 2 6” intake fans/ducts going through the wall to the flower room. It is important to have less fan speed going in than out to keep negative pressure and the smell in.

The humidity is kept around 50% with whole house humidifier and dehumidifiers.

And in summer when its hot and humid i also exhaust the rooms out the chimney. In winter i direct the exhaust to help heat the living room. Propane is expensive. Im way out in the woods here.

Skunt01

Skunt01

I know I leave 2 gal jugs in my tent with the caps off and it did bring up the humidity I wonder of u use ice water with fans on it if it would? Just a dumb input.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Nah i agree, I have thought about leaving a bin of ice with fans before and since where im from temps only get too high a handful of times in summer could b the go to rather than buying an air conditioning unit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom