How do people water daily?

• Thread starter _B_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
_B_

_B_

The plant in the back (#1) has had drybacks while the plant in front (#2) is getting water daily as an experiment.
Both had two drybacks at transplant to promote root growth. How do people water daily and have happy plants?

How do people water daily
How do people water daily 2
R

RGWD0202

Likely Coco vs soil
Coco requires daily watering, it doesn’t retain moisture like soil does. Soil holds moisture longer. Also, the size and type of containers can require more watering if the pot is too small, cloth vs plastic containers. Plus other environmental factors, temp, humidity, air flow… front right looks way overwatered.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Likely Coco vs soil
Coco requires daily watering, it doesn’t retain moisture like soil does. Soil holds moisture longer. Also, the size and type of containers can require more watering if the pot is too small, cloth vs plastic containers. Plus other environmental factors, temp, humidity, air flow… front right looks way overwatered.
Yep!

_B_

_B_

They’re both in pure coco and receive the same feed, but one of them gets daily waterings. Tent is in the upper 70’s and about 60% humidity. Plenty of air movement and the clones are in one gallon fabric pots. Daily waterings seem to just be too much for a plant to handle I don’t understand

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
They’re both in pure coco and receive the same feed, but one of them gets daily waterings. Tent is in the upper 70’s and about 60% humidity. Plenty of air movement and the clones are in one gallon fabric pots. Daily waterings seem to just be too much for a plant to handle I don’t understand
Sorry. I have no experience with pure coco. Someone who does should show up soon.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

One possible factor is how much of the dust and smalls are left in your coco. The more little stuff is left in the coco, the more susceptible the media is to over-watering. I run 100% (well-rinsed) coco with Blumats, which drip all the time, without over-watering problems.

_B_

_B_

One possible factor is how much of the dust and smalls are left in your coco. The more little stuff is left in the coco, the more susceptible the media is to over-watering. I run 100% (well-rinsed) coco with Blumats, which drip all the time, without over-watering problems.
Do you start the daily feeds right after transplant or do you give them initial drybacks to make the roots search. Also do you get daily runoff

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I start in solos. Water only for the first week, if I'm in seed. Once I see the first true leaves, I turn on the pump timer for ebb and flow, at about 0.8 EC. The table floods every six hours for four minutes (plus time to drain). That goes until the plants outgrow my seedling setup, usually about four weeks. Then I transplant to 2 gallon Air-Pots and start the Blumats.

N

Natep

I have a five gallon bucket with a pump and small drip system. It is connected to my uis plug. I can turn it on from my phone. I use an eco wit moisture meter. I water and refill bucket before I go away for a day. Then if things get to dry while I’m away I can water from my phone.

_B_

_B_

The problem plant has since perked up after giving it daily waterings about an hour after lights on. Im not really sure how to tell when it needs a transplant considering you cant see roots and it stays saturated

IMG 5452
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Ya needs some perlite in there mate pure coco holds heaps of water and compacts but I find even with perlite in veg they like a bit of dryback untill they fill the pot up with roots then they can handle even 3-4-10 watering a day just get a bit of run off with the last watering of the day also keep your ec levels a touch lower as your watering everyday giving em what they need also ya ph way low at 4.9-5 up it to 5.5-5.8 👍

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

The plant in the back (#1) has had drybacks while the plant in front (#2) is getting water daily as an experiment.
Both had two drybacks at transplant to promote root growth. How do people water daily and have happy plants?
I grow in a 70% coco and 30% perlite medium. I used to wait till the top inch dried out but I believe it’s much better to water once if not 2x per day if your schedule allows for it also depending on your temps and RH. Leaving coco to dry back can cause PH and EC fluctuations in my experience. Watering more often helps stabilise this. Also the salts in the nutrients dry up if you allow the coco to dry back too much, this can dehydrate the roots and cause tip burn.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

I grow in a 70% coco and 30% perlite medium. I used to wait till the top inch dried out but I believe it’s much better to water once if not 2x per day if your schedule allows for it also depending on your temps and RH. Leaving coco to dry back can cause PH and EC fluctuations in my experience. Watering more often helps stabilise this. Also the salts in the nutrients dry up if you allow the coco to dry back too much, this can dehydrate the roots and cause tip burn.
Coco should be treated more like hydroponics instead of soil

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

How does one go about checking if its established in fabric pots
I water till about 10-20% run off regardless of plant size. Works fine for me. I would start off in solo cups first and only once I see roots coming out the bottom will I transplant into a bigger pot. You don’t want to put a seedling in too big of a pot as this can water log the pot and make it difficult to establish a good root system.

_B_

_B_

I water till about 10-20% run off regardless of plant size. Works fine for me. I would start off in solo cups first and only once I see roots coming out the bottom will I transplant into a bigger pot. You don’t want to put a seedling in too big of a pot as this can water log the pot and make it difficult to establish a good root system.
So basically if the pot is a little bigger like 1gallon up then give em drybacks until roots are established, otherwise water to run-off daily

Top Bottom