How do plants sex themselves without switching the lights?

• Thread starter Sams0n
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sams0n

Sams0n

This has happened to atleast 6 of my last 9 mix seeds.. I didn’t need to flower them they just started showing pistils after about 30 days.. can anyone explain this.. I would like to know what I’m doing so I can control it.. it’s handy and helpful..

How do plants sex themselves without switching the lights
How do plants sex themselves without switching the lights 2
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey s , some strains are just prone to show sex or pre flower even in 18 hour veg cycles , not really a big deal ....others might say there is a percentage of ruderalis or auto flower in the strain , if it gets bad and really bulks up , I'd choose another seed , otherwise , no big deal and there's nothing you can do about it , even if you make clones and start the plant fresh , it's going to do the same thing
Just my opinion based on my personal observations , I could be wrong
Most of my opinions come from experience , not research , so half the shit I say can be completely wrong 😜

Last edited:
Cracken

Cracken

Plants show their sex after a point naturally. It looks like your plants are a couple months old. I think usually around the 7th node there will be pre flowers. I am not an expert but this seems to be normal from my experiences.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Am I missing something? I don't see any signs of flower.

Sams0n

Sams0n

Hey s , some strains are just prone to show sex or pre flower even in 18 hour veg cycles , not really a big deal ....others might say there is a percentage of ruderalis or auto flower in the strain , if it gets bad and really bulks up , I'd choose another seed , otherwise , no big deal and there's nothing you can do about it , even if you make clones and start the plant fresh , it's going to do the same thing
Just my opinion based on my personal observations , I could be wrong
Most of my opinions come from experience , not research , so half the shit I say can be completely wrong 😜
That sounds about right.. I have another just as old not showing anything..

Madmax

Madmax

Yep thats perfectly normal for the plant to show its sex when they get to a certain age..and when i grow outside it can take as long as a couple months to start the flowering process at my lattitude..

Latest posts

Top Bottom