How do u use the worm casting pellets

• Thread starter Lulubutler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lulubutler

The worm pellets I got says to use 1 pur gallon once a month? I thought it was something u added into ur dirt? Also I got fox farm happy frog and perlite is that going to be OK for auto flowers ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The worm pellets I got says to use 1 pur gallon once a month? I thought it was something u added into ur dirt? Also I got fox farm happy frog and perlite is that going to be OK for auto flowers ?
throw up a pic of them tablets if you dont mind,i never heard of them,must be some concentrated ewc or a gimmick,all i have ever used was the real stinky messy deal,ha,anyway happy frog is good stuff,with a auto flower i would go half and half happy frog and ocean forest,happy frog on top and ocean in the bottom and you cant go wrong unless you just over feed it,just saying.so say your in 5 gal buckets,mix the bottom 2/3 rds with both,top with the happy frog,i have never had problems with ocean forest all the way,some say it to hot for seeds and seedlings ,i disagree with that statement,there issues have reasoning i guess but i never have in all my years had it,when im vegging and i go with a 18in tall plant and flip to flower,they never see anything but water usally close to a month,after that and flipped i start the walk up the ladder to full dose of nutes,mine or homemade and work great,i use KNF products,all my plants eat plants just saying,all my ferments are from past plants ,tips picked before day light and fermented,at that time they are full of nutes from the soil and feeding all night,then harvest and fermented .
ocean forest is the best bag soil ive ever used and when i dont feel like making soil thats what i buy which is rare,my seed goes straight into it and harvest time the stalk is cut a soil level and ive even used it for another grow just like it is,the old plant root system breaks down and compost ,in the mean time there roots act like a super hiway and all feeds and water just run right into the same path,in containers the roots will only get so big depending on size,so massive root system do have better health as far as that goes but way over rated,outdoors hell ya let that root system grow and form a drip line on the edge of the root system,if you have a 5 gal bucket it will fill with plenty of roots to get the job done,so there isnt a drip line per say for the plant,it just does what it does and thats why we have to intervene and feed,with a tree you water the drip line and make it search for the feed in turn building more roots,walk away from it and canopy gets bigger to match the drip line if you dig,not so for containers,so with a auto i would for sure have the soil right were you need it for no problems ,the happy frog i dont use much but ocean forest will go all the way if you feed the soil right,so your call ,i would stick to ocean forest

Reactions: Ina
L

Lulubutler

Thank u for the info I wish I would of known that b4 I got everything kinda low on money so stuck with what I got now unless u think it would be worth ordering. Next week n treating the plant like I'm transplanting n then put some ocean forest in on the bottom ? Right now all i got is the happy frog n perlite n the worm pellets I'm not at home right now so I screen shot the ones I bought .... since I'm using the happy frog what do u think is best as in nutrients should I start adding some sooner ? I got the 3 gallon cloth pots I put a layer of clay pebbels (for a little extra dranage) on the bottom then my mix of perlite n happy frog maybe they'll make it, it's my 2nd grow all together and my 1st doing autos so hoping for the best and taking all the knowledge I can take from the more experienced lol

Screenshot 2019 06 12 12 19 24
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow. Worm poop pucks. Put “for microbe tea” on a few of them and charge 20x what the bag of worm castings would cost. Guess you still need a filter bag for the brew bucket?

Everyone says “legal” weed will result in more education and affordibility.

Instead they are ripping off new uneducated pot growers even more than before.

Ina

Ina

I was just watching this nettles extract from GH- 1lt for 16 euro!!!!!!!Nettles,i can go out just now and collect dose for 10 liters,this means...10x 16 euro?!!!!:D
These look like ji fis?Are they expanding if you water them?They should be nice,use as much as you want,they cant fry your plants and I really like wormcastings but....it is expensive!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank u for the info I wish I would of known that b4 I got everything kinda low on money so stuck with what I got now unless u think it would be worth ordering. Next week n treating the plant like I'm transplanting n then put some ocean forest in on the bottom ? Right now all i got is the happy frog n perlite n the worm pellets I'm not at home right now so I screen shot the ones I bought .... since I'm using the happy frog what do u think is best as in nutrients should I start adding some sooner ? I got the 3 gallon cloth pots I put a layer of clay pebbels (for a little extra dranage) on the bottom then my mix of perlite n happy frog maybe they'll make it, it's my 2nd grow all together and my 1st doing autos so hoping for the best and taking all the knowledge I can take from the more experienced lol
those are cool,let us now how well they work,happy frog is fine,you could go all the way with it,just have to feed it more all i was saying,if your transplanting put some ocean in the bottom and i bet you will like the results

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I was just watching this nettles extract from GH- 1lt for 16 euro!!!!!!!Nettles,i can go out just now and collect dose for 10 liters,this means...10x 16 euro?!!!!:D
These look like ji fis?Are they expanding if you water them?They should be nice,use as much as you want,they cant fry your plants and I really like wormcastings but....it is expensive!
crazy prices it is,i didnt have this ninja cat i would try to make my own,but the weather here fry them bitch in the house,im curiouse toi see the results from the tabs,im trying to talk this new wave women of mine into money to start up some feeder rabbits,2 bucks and probally 4 doe would feed once a week for all 7 in the family,and there crap is way better than worm

Ina

Ina

Đśy mother in law has rabbits but I don't know why she and my granny don't like it for the garden?!I'm not sure why,as far as I know it is really rich..... Even better than worms? I should try some than.I really like rabbit in jars:)
But I use mostly plant materials,not that I am vegetarian. Its just there is a lot to try. I have some manures but I don't use them very often or I add very little.i have hole barn full of old alfalfa left from the goats that granny had,so much nettles and plants.And stones,old lime,river sand,almost everything.I still buy peat and from time to time zeolites and vermiculite. Worm castings costs12 leva(about 7,8 dollars)for 20 lt I was thinking that's expensive. :)But you can find it cheaper outside the city.
So the pellets should be nice,may be they are extract....Or just a little pressed haha,anyway you could try them if already have them,add as they say.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Đśy mother in law has rabbits but I don't know why she and my granny don't like it for the garden?!I'm not sure why,as far as I know it is really rich..... Even better than worms? I should try some than.I really like rabbit in jars:)
But I use mostly plant materials,not that I am vegetarian. Its just there is a lot to try. I have some manures but I don't use them very often or I add very little.i have hole barn full of old alfalfa left from the goats that granny had,so much nettles and plants.And stones,old lime,river sand,almost everything.I still buy peat and from time to time zeolites and vermiculite. Worm castings costs12 leva(about 7,8 dollars)for 20 lt I was thinking that's expensive. :)But you can find it cheaper outside the city.
So the pellets should be nice,may be they are extract....Or just a little pressed haha,anyway you could try them if already have them,add as they say.
girl put that stuff to work,just spread it on top and as you water it filter down,i can get 4 doe to breed 3 times a year and that adds up to a bunch of good wholsome fresh meat and damn sure cheaper than cows,pigs and chickens just nasty ,not until it rains and oh my you know you have um,my oldest boy made me promise not to raise anymore ,chump kid hahaah

L

Lulubutler

Yeah they don't expand In water come to find out the lady that sold then to me saI'd they are tea for the plant that takes 5 days to make ? U put it in a gallon jug and shake it up every so often for 5 days and water ur plants with it 1 time a month I was really hoping for it to be the worm dirt... I'll defently keep tall updated ! My seedlings are about 1 in tall I heard autos u half to go light with the fertilizers yall still think it'll be OK to go ahead n start using it on them

L

Lulubutler

girl put that stuff to work,just spread it on top and as you water it filter down,i can get 4 doe to breed 3 times a year and that adds up to a bunch of good wholsome fresh meat and damn sure cheaper than cows,pigs and chickens just nasty ,not until it rains and oh my you know you have um,my oldest boy made me promise not to raise anymore ,chump kid hahaah
How many u think I should put on top my auto plants are about 1 inch tall I'm 3 gallon buckets

Ina

Ina

How many u think I should put on top my auto plants are about 1 inch tall I'm 3 gallon buckets
I think he meant the alfalfa that I mentioned. to mulch with it on top.I will surely do that on my outdoor next week.
I suggest you use the pellets in water than(I thought they are expanding at first)like that lady said.They shoud be nice for tea and water with it.It is the worm dirt,just too small amount for that prize.Pressed or something....Next time you could check and buy hole bag of worm castings(looks like bag of soil)and you could use it in you soil mix dry or dissolve it in water like these pellets.But it is more and cheaper.

L

Lulubutler

Appreciate the advice I'll half to get me some next grow is there a good website that sells it cheaper the one I looked up was like 50$? Or is that a normal price for it ... also do u think it's safe to go ahead n start using on my auto seedlings?

N

Newbietown

Can I ask if anyone has only used work castings or manure rather than the chemicals like fox?

I'm currently only using worm castings (mix of real worm soil and pellets) and they look amazing.. Butwanted to check i wasn't going to starve them during flowering. They're currently 5-6 weeks old.

I'm growing 9 Bubblegummer, 1 Pineapple Kush, 1 Tropical Auto and 1 Purple Auto. The mix are at the front while Bubblehummer are all at the back.

Any advice here would be great. Cheers.

20190901 110132
20190901 110117
20190901 110136
quirk

quirk

Can I ask if anyone has only used work castings or manure rather than the chemicals like fox?

I'm currently only using worm castings (mix of real worm soil and pellets) and they look amazing.. Butwanted to check i wasn't going to starve them during flowering. They're currently 5-6 weeks old.

I'm growing 9 Bubblegummer, 1 Pineapple Kush, 1 Tropical Auto and 1 Purple Auto. The mix are at the front while Bubblehummer are all at the back.

Any advice here would be great. Cheers.
I switched from Kind Soil, $100/25lbs. to castings, $0/25 lbs. I turned over part of the putting green to red wigglers and sweep up when needed. I soak seeds for 12 hrs. in worm cast tea, then germinate in a Jiffy Pot filled with worm tea moistened FFLight warrior. The Jiffy will be buried in final 5 gal. pot in a worm tea moistened equal mix of worm castings, FFOF, FFHF and perlite. I feed Medina Hastagro 6-12-6 at 50% of recommended once a week for last 4-5 weeks of flower.

DSCN2609 2
N

Newbietown

I switched from Kind Soil, $100/25lbs. to castings, $0/25 lbs. I turned over part of the putting green to red wigglers and sweep up when needed. I soak seeds for 12 hrs. in worm cast tea, then germinate in a Jiffy Pot filled with worm tea moistened FFLight warrior. The Jiffy will be buried in final 5 gal. pot in a worm tea moistened equal mix of worm castings, FFOF, FFHF and perlite. I feed Medina Hastagro 6-12-6 at 50% of recommended once a week for last 4-5 weeks of flower.

And how effective is that for you? Do you notice a higher than average yield?

And apologies... what is FFOF and FFHF? I understand the other jargon.. just not completely up to date with everything else.

I'm also using 200w LED red/blue/white times 8 (1600w).

Latest posts

Top Bottom