How do you all cook your bucket temps? Post it up!

• Thread starter Bdubs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bdubs

I wrapped my entire buckets in Reflectix bubble wrap. Temp drop 2-3 degrees.

I wrapped 1” ID rubber tubing in Reflectix that extends from buckets to feed into a cold adjacent room. Air hoses fed through the middle. Temp drop 5 degrees. Room temp with pump 68-70 degrees.

Starting water temps were topping 82 by water swap, 7 days, with starting temps of 68 once mix are transferred to buckets.

End water temp flatlines 73 degrees.

DWC 5 gallon buckets with a singular 4 port air pump.

What are you guys doing with your air pump and hoses to keep your bucket temps under control?

H

Hellbent60

I wrapped my entire buckets in Reflectix bubble wrap. Temp drop 2-3 degrees.

I wrapped 1” ID rubber tubing in Reflectix that extends from buckets to feed into a cold adjacent room. Air hoses fed through the middle. Temp drop 5 degrees. Room temp with pump 68-70 degrees.

Starting water temps were topping 82 by water swap, 7 days, with starting temps of 68 once mix are transferred to buckets.

End water temp flatlines 73 degrees.

DWC 5 gallon buckets with a singular 4 port air pump.

What are you guys doing with your air pump and hoses to keep your bucket temps under control?
DIY water chiller. Buy a used water cooler off kijiji or facebook market place ( $15- $35 ), one that you would normally put a 5 gal jug in the top. Now tear it apart so that you are left with the compressor and the cooling coil. Some of the cooling coils are coated in a protective plastic and some are not. If the one you have doesn't have a protective coating on it just wrap a plastic bag around the coil so you don't get any oxidation in your nutrients. Place the coil directly into your nutrient reservoir. Buy a device that will monitor your water temp. I use the Inkbird ITC-308 ($50). Plug the compressor into the cooling plug on the device and set your water temps. I set my water temp at 67 deg and set the turn on temp at +2 deg (69).

Top Bottom