how do you break down Medium bud for bubble

• Thread starter harpdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harpdog

I have about 1/4 LB of quality that I want to convert to bubble. The price was worth giving it a go. I want to know how to beak it down for bag 1. Should I use a coffee grinder.? Scissors? It is bud trimmed very decent. I got it in a legal store. Any advice would be appreciated. I will celebrate you with a big phatty with u in mind

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you grind up weed to make hash, it will be shit.

Understand the way hash is made: You are breaking off the tiny trichome heads and filtering the mix of weed and trichome heads so that you have ONLY trich heads. If you grind up the bud and leaf, many particles will be as small or smaller than the trichs, so they will get through the filters and give you a second-rate product.

Are you going to use bubble bags or dry sift? Google these methods and read up on them. Tons has been written and Youtube videos on techniques are all over the place.

Also, search for @GNick55 's posts on dry sifting, on this site.

H

harpdog

I am a bubble guy. I like the way it smokes and the taste. In my area, local stores sell bubble for $25 a gram and I get wedding cake at 23.9%. @$40oz. Thank you for your reply I will Bard them, the new AI from google there are others like the one from Microsoft so if you like using google then use this link to ask a question.bard.google.com. Yes I am a geek.

Last edited:
H

harpdog

I decided to try Bard and this is what I asked and then its AI reply.

what is the best way to prepare marijuana bud 4 inches in diameter that has had to leaves trimmed off. Then take me through the process of making bubble hash with a 5 bag system using ice.​

edit

https://www.invalid.com/lamda/images/sparkle_resting_v2_1ff6f6a71f2d298b1a31.gif
Here are the steps on how to prepare marijuana bud 4 inches in diameter that has had the leaves trimmed off:
  1. Grind the bud. You can use a grinder or a food processor to grind the bud into small pieces. The smaller the pieces, the more surface area there is for the trichomes to be released.
  2. Freeze the bud. Once the bud is ground, place it in a freezer-safe container and freeze it for at least 24 hours. This will help to solidify the trichomes and make them easier to extract.
  3. Prepare the ice water. Fill a large bowl with ice water and add a few tablespoons of salt. The salt will help to break down the trichomes and make them easier to collect.
  4. Wash the bud. Add the frozen bud to the ice water and use your hands to gently massage it. The trichomes will start to break off and float to the top of the water.
  5. Strain the water. Use a strainer to remove the bud from the water. The trichomes will be left behind in the strainer.
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed. You can repeat steps 4 and 5 several times to get more trichomes.
  7. Collect the trichomes. Once you have collected all of the trichomes, you can dry them out and use them to make bubble hash.
Here are the steps on how to make bubble hash with a 5 bag system using ice:
  1. Set up the 5 bag system. The 5 bag system is a series of mesh bags that are used to separate the different grades of bubble hash. The bags are typically made of nylon or polyester and are available in different micron sizes. The micron size refers to the size of the holes in the bag. The smaller the micron size, the finer the grade of bubble hash.
  2. Fill the bags with ice water. Fill the bags with ice water and place them in a large bucket.
  3. Add the bud to the water. Add the ground bud to the water and use your hands to gently massage it. The trichomes will start to break off and float to the top of the water.
  4. Strain the water. Use a strainer to remove the bud from the water. The trichomes will be left behind in the strainer.
  5. Collect the trichomes. Once you have collected all of the trichomes, you can dry them out and use them to make bubble hash.
The quality of the bubble hash will depend on the quality of the bud and the technique used to make it. With a little practice, you can make high-quality bubble hash that is perfect for smoking, vaping, or dabbing.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I decided to try Bard and this is what I asked and then its AI reply.

what is the best way to prepare marijuana bud 4 inches in diameter that has had to leaves trimmed off. Then take me through the process of making bubble hash with a 5 bag system using ice.​

edit

sparkle_resting_v2_1ff6f6a71f2d298b1a31.gif

Here are the steps on how to prepare marijuana bud 4 inches in diameter that has had the leaves trimmed off:
  1. Grind the bud. You can use a grinder or a food processor to grind the bud into small pieces. The smaller the pieces, the more surface area there is for the trichomes to be released.
  2. Freeze the bud. Once the bud is ground, place it in a freezer-safe container and freeze it for at least 24 hours. This will help to solidify the trichomes and make them easier to extract.
  3. Prepare the ice water. Fill a large bowl with ice water and add a few tablespoons of salt. The salt will help to break down the trichomes and make them easier to collect.
  4. Wash the bud. Add the frozen bud to the ice water and use your hands to gently massage it. The trichomes will start to break off and float to the top of the water.
  5. Strain the water. Use a strainer to remove the bud from the water. The trichomes will be left behind in the strainer.
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed. You can repeat steps 4 and 5 several times to get more trichomes.
  7. Collect the trichomes. Once you have collected all of the trichomes, you can dry them out and use them to make bubble hash.
Here are the steps on how to make bubble hash with a 5 bag system using ice:
  1. Set up the 5 bag system. The 5 bag system is a series of mesh bags that are used to separate the different grades of bubble hash. The bags are typically made of nylon or polyester and are available in different micron sizes. The micron size refers to the size of the holes in the bag. The smaller the micron size, the finer the grade of bubble hash.
  2. Fill the bags with ice water. Fill the bags with ice water and place them in a large bucket.
  3. Add the bud to the water. Add the ground bud to the water and use your hands to gently massage it. The trichomes will start to break off and float to the top of the water.
  4. Strain the water. Use a strainer to remove the bud from the water. The trichomes will be left behind in the strainer.
  5. Collect the trichomes. Once you have collected all of the trichomes, you can dry them out and use them to make bubble hash.
The quality of the bubble hash will depend on the quality of the bud and the technique used to make it. With a little practice, you can make high-quality bubble hash that is perfect for smoking, vaping, or dabbing.
Enjoy the resulting shit bubble hash if you follow those instructions.

Moshmen

Moshmen

You are correct - mystic attempted to get you to do just a bit of research - there are literally thousands of tutorials online everywhere - and you chose to use AI that right there is gonna get ya snubbed in the cannabis community- sort answer was given - do not grind unless you want plant matter in you kief ? If you want hash break up gently and do everything as cold as possible - use the search button and use bubble hash

H

harpdog

I respect honesty but asking me to google something is like asking me to spend the next 4 hrs or more "shifting" through a bunch of shite. Same as youtube. Thank you freezeland for a more direct approach. I appreciate that.
I was not choosing AI as an insult but just another way of finding answers and letting people make their own choice. I just thought it was odd that AI would choose grinding as a way to break down bud and users chose not to. See the difference, if anyone actually read AI was to put the grind into SMALL pieces then cold and freeze it. I have been doing bubble for 50 years but never did big bud like this

Top Bottom