how do you clean fabric pots

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

after using them how do you guys clean your fabric pots my 1 gallon pots look like this after transplanting
How do you clean fabric pots

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Shake off dirt then take to laundromat. Lots of bleach and dry. Or pitch em and buy new.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Just re-use them as-is.
If there was any pest or disease issue, heat treat them by soaking them in hot water and cooking in an oven for 45 minutes at 150F (65C) or you can use solar energy to do the same thing in a clear trash bag by leaving it in a sunny spot for a week in the heat of summer.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Old thread I know- I just got some 5 gal. fabric bags from IPower. On a whim I hosed one off before using. I usually wash everything before it comes into the tent but never thought to wash new bags. I’m glad I did. Some kind of soap was impregnated in the fabric and suds ran heavy until I gave up and threw them in the washing machine.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Old thread I know- I just got some 5 gal. fabric bags from IPower. On a whim I hosed one off before using. I usually wash everything before it comes into the tent but never thought to wash new bags. I’m glad I did. Some kind of soap was impregnated in the fabric and suds ran heavy until I gave up and threw them in the washing machine.
Interesting. I'll have to start checking for things like that as I buy from IPower too. I could be a candidate for those type of problems. Funny part is I never thought of checking them. Thanks for the heads up.

Used bags: We rinse the bags out real good and toss them in the washer. I don't worry about the stains and beyond rinsing them and washing them, I don't do anything special about the leftover roots in the bottom of the bag. The washing helps but doesn't eliminate them.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I never considered that either. Thanx Milky!
I usually just rinse them down really well in a shower / laundry sink...

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

I use a little bit of dawn dish soap, and hot water. Soak for a few hours, take to laundromat and run them on hot and vigorous cycle, and tumble dry on low

Glassdub

Glassdub

Easy, I use Terracotta pots & just rinse then out & save the headache.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i used to do what @ComfortablyNumb and @MIGrampaUSA said. Maybe sometimes i just washed it in the laundry sink just to remove the salt build ups as much as possible but i wasn't worried about the stain marks.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Interesting. I'll have to start checking for things like that as I buy from IPower too. I could be a candidate for those type of problems. Funny part is I never thought of checking them. Thanks for the heads up.

Used bags: We rinse the bags out real good and toss them in the washer. I don't worry about the stains and beyond rinsing them and washing them, I don't do anything special about the leftover roots in the bottom of the bag. The washing helps but doesn't eliminate them.
Speaking of Ipower my grow buddy got a tent from them and he can't fit the bottom so if I can't help him I will stay away from them, I also re-use my 3 gal. material pots for 3 runs or so and buy new ones. SS

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Hey growers, It was suggested to me that the white sudsy residue I experienced might be corn starch, used as a stiffener. I’m not bad mouthing IPower, I like these bags, sturdy as starch 🤣.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey growers, It was suggested to me that the white sudsy residue I experienced might be corn starch, used as a stiffener. I’m not bad mouthing IPower, I like these bags, sturdy as starch 🤣.
The bags are cheap. When it comes to fabric pots, cheap works just fine for me. Starch or not. LOL

Top Bottom