How Do You Clean Your Cloth Pots Between Grows ?

• Thread starter bobBitchen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bobBitchen

bobBitchen

I'v been hand scrubbing them in plain water in a Homer bucket. F's with my back, & they don't seem to come to clean.
Any suggestions ?

Smerb

Smerb

I don't think you can get them back to black. The cloth supposedly breaks down eventually. I would dry them, beat them against yer knee a bit, you'll see shit flying all over, and reuse.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I pop them around when dry, then do hand wet wash plain water. Drain bucket refill clean cold water and a ton of bleach, let sit a few hours drain and air dry.:smoking:
If it's hurting yiur back try doing it in the sink.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I let mine dry out real good then I shake all the dirt and dust off of them that I can. I put them in the washing machine 2x on heavy cycle use a little detergent and a capfull of bleach on the first wash. Then the second wash plain water heavy cycle. Then into dryer, with no dryer sheet or anything. Im 7-8 runs at least on many of mine.

Peace

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

1. Empty em

2. Turn em inside out

3. Scrub out the roots and soil in the sink with decent water pressure and a dedicated scrub brush

4. into the washing machine (edit: don't pack the washer too full or they'll be too crowded to get cleaned properly, they need to be able to move around or parts will get missed.)

5. Soak with bleach

6. Rinse

7. Soak then run the heavy cycle with 2c 34% h2o2

8. Run the heavy cycle with dish soap (edit: DO NOT use laundry detergent, this will fuck the pots up)

9. Run two extra rinse and spin cycles or until there's no more soap suds present.

10. Air dry

*extra credit*
rinse + wipe out the washer to keep the missus happy. A hose attached to the spigot of the slop sink helps. Much easier if you're thorough with step 3.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I pop them around when dry, then do hand wet wash plain water. Drain bucket refill clean cold water and a ton of bleach, let sit a few hours drain and air dry.:smoking:
If it's hurting yiur back try doing it in the sink.
Best response so far!!! Due to the inclusion of using bleach....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
1. Empty em

2. Turn em inside out

3. Scrub out the roots and soil in the sink with decent water pressure and a dedicated scrub brush

4. into the washing machine (edit: don't pack the washer too full or they'll be too crowded to get cleaned properly, they need to be able to move around or parts will get missed.)

5. Soak with bleach

6. Rinse

7. Soak then run the heavy cycle with 2c 34% h2o2

8. Run the heavy cycle with dish soap (edit: DO NOT use laundry detergent, this will fuck the pots up)

9. Run two extra rinse and spin cycles or until there's no more soap suds present.

10. Air dry

*extra credit*
rinse + wipe out the washer to keep the missus happy. A hose attached to the spigot of the slop sink helps. Much easier if you're thorough with step 3.
You and @GrowGod are on top of your game. Great suggestions!!!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I fill up the bath tub with water and a cup of bleach. Agitate it with a broom or something then drain and fill with fresh water and drain then go!!!

The Terps

The Terps

I take the old medium and just replace it with new medium. Running same pots for over a year and haven't "cleaned" them. I just water with enzymes and consider the old roots and nasties free food in the future once broken down. Maybe I'm just lazy but haven't had any negative effect so I don't plan on washing next round either.

B

Bogart Tasty

Take them to the laundromat and throw them in the big commercial washer they throw rugs and heavy stuff in and wash them,then just air dry,d one.
+1 laundromat all day. Use a ton of bleach and usually run them 30 to a load, two washes

Top Bottom