How Do You Clean Your Mini-split A/c?

• Thread starter rick ratlin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Pretty simple question, but lots of answers out there.
I own an ideal air mini split that is not easily separated, so I use a liquid spray and a large trash bag to use as my liquid collector. I never have to take it off the wall. It works nice, has a pleasant smell, and keeps the funk off the rotor blade. Note: I haven't named the product I use since I don't want this to come off as a sales pitch.
I was thinking about using a mold control spray in between cleanings, but I can't find any resources that relate to safety and cannabis growing. Do they make uv lights that attach to mini-splits?
So, how does everyone keep their mini split clean, aside from the regular cleaning of the dust filters? Please feel free to post your cleaning tips and maintenance schedules.

blazer

blazer

They have coil cleaner for indoor coil specifically also can use simple green.

Never seen a UV set for a mini split don't think it would work with the way the coil and cover is, they do have electrostatic filters for them but they seem kinda cheesy

Cleaning as needed will vary may be every six months or two months lot of variables, routine would be remove front plastic cover completely a few screws to pull and the cover will come off and may pull fan/blower and clean if needs would remove fan from motor and clean with cleaner and rinse until clean do same to coil spray with cleaner(spray bottle) and then rinse if rinse carefully it will just go down drain Let dry then can power it up again

Last edited:
blazedahaze

blazedahaze

@rick ratlin Fresh-Aire UV makes uv-c lights for mini split systems. I have personally never used them but was speaking to a rep a month or so ago about them. They seem super easy to install and change out when the time comes. I have a few mini splits that I would like to install these on, I am just concerned with installing them in my flower room because I do not know if the light glows through the unit and whether or not it will effect anything during lights out. Does anybody have these installed on their units yet??? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

blazer

blazer

@rick ratlin Fresh-Aire UV makes uv-c lights for mini split systems. I have personally never used them but was speaking to a rep a month or so ago about them. They seem super easy to install and change out when the time comes. I have a few mini splits that I would like to install these on, I am just concerned with installing them in my flower room because I do not know if the light glows through the unit and whether or not it will effect anything during lights out. Does anybody have these installed on their units yet??? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Those UV lites look sweet curious about the same thing though, how much they will shine through the coil and blower on wall hung mini-splits

Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

Just a good strip down clean is the best thing, yes maybe a tad out of reach for a non AC tech, so pay for it if you must, for me, its second nature .

Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

Best thing is, if you only really use your unit in cooling, the condensate rinses it for you, in a "self cleaning" type of way.

Easy life. Should get at least 8 years out of a heavily used split. More if installed and maintained in the best possible way.

Top Bottom