How do you count days?

• Thread starter LovetheBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LovetheBud

Hi Guys,

New grower here. I'm on day 71 of my grow -- which leads me to my question. I'm trying to compare how my girls are progressing relative to others so I know what to expect, how close to harvest I am, etc. However, it seems like there are lots of ways to count days. Some people count from germination, but when you get clones it can be tough to determine the "start" date. Others just seem to count days after switching to 12/12. I've searched and couldn't find a good answer.

Thanks,

LB

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

Hey LB, Most of the "times" u r seeing are for when your buds are maturing. You can veg your plant for as long as you want before triggering her to produce. Start counting when u switch to a 12/12 schedule, when u get close to your strains mature date (8,9,10week) u can start checking for trich ripeness(clear,cloudy,amber). Hope this helps u, Grow on Fred

Venom818

Venom818

Hi Guys,

New grower here. I'm on day 71 of my grow -- which leads me to my question. I'm trying to compare how my girls are progressing relative to others so I know what to expect, how close to harvest I am, etc. However, it seems like there are lots of ways to count days. Some people count from germination, but when you get clones it can be tough to determine the "start" date. Others just seem to count days after switching to 12/12. I've searched and couldn't find a good answer.

Thanks,

LB

That all depends on which strain your growing.

W

weedbaker

It's easy to forget things when you start a plant or plants on 12/12.I right it on calender and go by weeks.After a while you know your strains close to day they will be ready for harvest.

M

MASSES 420KING

i always add 2 weeks for plants from seed and add 1 week for clones [i.e. a 9 week strain from seed would be 11 weeks from start of 12/12 and 10 weeks for a clone at least thats how i was taught and i pull super heavy stcky resin drenched nuggs huge harvests i always go by trichomes 30-40% turning amber and the rest milky translucent white

20north

i just figure out when the trichcombs look right i stopped counting days 2 runs ago as long as you got 50 days in its time to pull out the microscope and check your resin's maturity

E

edux10

i think most seed companies state that their seeds mature faster than you should actually pull them . I mean you could pull at the exact day it says but would be better off letting it go till you know they are done by how those trichs look.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When growing indoors I start counting the first FULL day AFTER they've been flipped to 12/12. When growing outdoors I start counting only when I see 'bud set'. Sure, they start popping pistils in July, but they don't usually start making true 'buds' until August or so.

OD I go by weeks, not days, due to a few factors. For one, I don't check on them daily, and for another since you're not controlling the photoperiod it's up to the girls to let you know when they start flowering, it's difficult for me to be precise down to the day, so going by the week is what works.

R

radical farmer

Environment has A LOT to do with when your plants are going to be ready too. I tend to agree somewaht with the peep that said to add weeks for seeds. I've always found that clones tend to finish closer to their "flower days" then seeds. Seeds always seem to take longer, and I usually always have to go past the seed companies recommended flower schedule.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
day one of flowering for me starts when the plant switches from grow to bloom. there is usually a 7~14 day stretch that goes on between veg to bloom. those day do not get counted toward bloom time. when the plant stops its stretch i start counting. all OG and Chem i dont take down before day 70, usually 75 days. there are some strains that only need 56 bloom days like most skunk varieties. hope that clears it up a lil for you ~SMF~

W

weedbaker

I go by weeks easier for me.Once you have grown a strain a couple times they seem to be ready within a couple days apart.

Top Bottom