How do you fix dry pot? Got too dry on me.

• Thread starter CaliforniaGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliforniaGrown

CaliforniaGrown

Wats up guys. I got a problem. I couldn't find a thread on it. I just finished up my grow, and my product is now all trimmed up, but it's a little too dry. You guys know more than me, everyone on here helping gives very good and expert advice, so I come to you guys, the best, for advice. How do you guys go about fixing this without losing all the smell or sacrificing quality? I don't have a humidifier. All advice is helpful and much appreciated. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to help you guys out too.

C

cctt

You can put it in a more humid environment and it'll remoisten, but you can never restart the cure nor correct that it dried too fast (if it did).
If you don't have a humidifier you can seal it up with something that slowly releases water (I've heard of small pieces of lettuce) for a bit. But do not let it get too wet or you'll have mold. It's a delicate balance.

sky high

sky high

Put it in an oven/turkey bag. Take a peice of aluminum foil 4 x 4"....fold up the edges all around....then place a folded up/wetted paper towel inside the catch basin you made with the foil. sit that on top of the pot so it doesn't contact the weed....and seal the bag up wit a tie.... wait 6 hours.... check moisture level.....keep goin if you need to...stop if you don't. Then seal the bag up......and check it everyday for a few days to see that the moisture level is truly where you want it to be. Works well here in CO "overnight"....so that's why I shortened the times to 6 hours for you in CA. Really..just watch yer shit and you'll be OK/you'll know what to do.

No..not perfect....but it will work and the weed won't taste like apples/oranges/lettece/bread. (other things folks use to do the same thing)

good luck.

alpinehi

alpinehi

Don't use bread or any pieces of fruit or vegetable, this can encourage mold. Boveda packs work pretty well, I have used them quite a bit in the past but I found that they kept my product a little too moist. They should work great for what you are looking for as far as rehydration, but like cctt said, you can't restart the curing process. I would recommend purchasing a humidity monitor. They make ones that are small and cheap (a bit larger than a stick of gum-ish) that fit right into whatever container you cure in. With these I am able to easily monitor my humidity levels throughout the cure. Of course, the curing process is subjective as far as where you like your herb to be, but it is definitely easier to dial that in with such a device.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

anyone ever tried a water cure? read about it in the growers Bible i think.

CaliforniaGrown

CaliforniaGrown

Thanks everyone for your advice. I don't have any plants going, so I can't use fresh leaves. I think I'm going to go with the boveda packs. I have it all in a closet, and raising the humidity overnight for now, until I get the boveda packs tomorrow. I hope all goes well, the quality came out too nice this time around to not have it right. I appreciate everyones help, thanks!

Cort

Cort

I have a very large pot used for canning. I can fit 6 jars inside that pot with a cup of hot steamy water.

Now I can do the same as burping, but ass backwards. Set in the pot with a cup of hot water, let it go for a bit, seal up jars again to let moisture redistribute. Repeat as needed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wats up guys. I got a problem. I couldn't find a thread on it. I just finished up my grow, and my product is now all trimmed up, but it's a little too dry. You guys know more than me, everyone on here helping gives very good and expert advice, so I come to you guys, the best, for advice. How do you guys go about fixing this without losing all the smell or sacrificing quality? I don't have a humidifier. All advice is helpful and much appreciated. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to help you guys out too.
Outside the packs Kenny recommends, I have recently discovered that KALE is the perfect thing to put in with buds that are just a wee bit too dry. Who'da thunk? Kale.
anyone ever tried a water cure? read about it in the growers Bible i think.
Yes. If your buds are ANY good, don't do it! It will ruin them, completely and entirely.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

that's pretty much what i thought when i read it. they made it sound like that was the way to go.

C

cctt

I've tried a water cure and the taste came out ok, potency a bit higher (lost about a third of its mass to the water), but the volume/fluffiness that I like was all gone. Had to use a grinder to make it usable, which I feel shouldn't be necessary. Also the color turns very dark which is not my aesthetic preference.
I would consider doing it again if the herb was awful to begin with, but there's not much of that around here ;)

F

fuzzy

Ive used Lettuce for over 30yrs now to bring a little moisture back to dry weed.Doesnt leave any kind of taste,just a little moisture,peace,fuzzy

Top Bottom