How do YOU flush?

• Thread starter johnnyballbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chickenn

if you are seeing a surge of growth, then you fed too much. weed don't need loads of nutes to grow.

that surge on the flush comes from unlocking salts and un-used nutes, and re-activating them so the plant takes them up, and you get a surge as you say.

a proper flush no matter whether a heavy or a light feeder will affect the taste and final product. those that feed less, will get better tasting weed after the flush.

and i agree, if you nute bomb your plants for 12-15 weeks, it ain't all coming out in the flush.

S

snowkitty

if you are seeing a surge of growth, then you fed too much. weed don't need loads of nutes to grow.

that surge on the flush comes from unlocking salts and un-used nutes, and re-activating them so the plant takes them up, and you get a surge as you say.

chickenn, do you advocate a weekly flush for this reason or just the one at the end of the harvest?

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Hmmm... I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that chicken. I haven't hit 4 digits on my ppm meter in i can't remember how long. The grows that i was refering to in my post, i maxed out at 600-800ppm, 600ppm being what i ended up settling on. And for any reference, i only use hanna meters if someone wants to convert that. The strain was blue satellite. Can't really see 600ppm as too much food in a hydro system in rockwool slabs.

aldus

aldus

I'm doing my first grow and I'm about 2.5 weeks into flower so I am planning the upcoming weeks. When I get to about week 6 I am going to start flushing, but my tap water comes out at about 250ppm so I am wondering if I should get distilled water to flush with or will my tap water be fine. I've been growing with it in coco and so far I haven't need to add any cal/mag if that is any indication.

Also is everyone ph'ing their water or just using straight tap? My pH down says 1-5-0 on the front and I'm guessing this is from the salts used to lower the pH. Would I be better off getting some ph down that doesn't advertise nute levels on it (given that the water needs to be pH'd and not just straight tap) or will this be fine for flushing.

After smoking unflushed mid grade for a while I can definitely feel the harshness and would like to avoid it completely, so I'm looking for a little guidance.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I have been flushing for few days now with ebb and flo bucket system and water is same ec now as it was when i started... For my system I flood for 2 minutes every three hours, wondering if the short flood affect flush?

[Just smoked a spliff of the OG from the Dam... Stoned :) ]

JB

O

OGkushsmoker

i flush 5 gal grows with 15 gal of water twice

1. 5 gal water with carbs
2.5 gal h2o w/o carbs
3.5 gal h2o with carbs

then feed her plain water then repeat the flush a week after then leave in the dark for 48 hours thens it harvest time i always manicure then let dry

H

headimonster

mollasses for first couple days, than plain water, checkin PPM of run off....shut off lights 48 hrs b4 i plan to harvest and about 24hrs after last water, and get up in there and start choppin :)

B

bucshott

I always just run water and molasses for the last two weeks or if i am in a rush i will run water for a week and some final flush for a two days and its always worked for me, thats both soil and hydro.

Buc

D

Dubsta

I like to give a 1 week flush with just a lil clearex and sweet for 1week. Was thinking of trying 5days the plants go yellow almost right away. I try to poor water threw my net pots to flush out the pots. My DWC smoke is some of the smoothest stuff I've ever smoked for sure. Especially my RM SD, love that shit shown here. I can smell the Sour Rotten flesh! U gotta taste the plant not the nutes.

I tryed one plant with a 2day flush and it didnt crackle or anything though.

CIMG2034 Large
P

Punk

I run final flush for 3 days, do a rez change then run straight tap water for the last 5. Has always worked well for me.

K

krunchbubble

Premium Member
Supporter
i have been using drip clean by house and garden. no need to flush your medium at all except for there recommended of 2 days prior to harvest. it says it creats an ionic bond with the salts and makes it impossible to build up in your medium. used it, and highly recommended. you will be seeing lots of companies starting to put this out, atami has one.

B

Brotherindica

I run ebb & flow, with hydroton in 6” pots, covered table. The day of flush I drain the res, run a cycle or two with RO, drain again, fill res with RO. I change the water from res roughly 4-5 times during flush. I’ve tried different flushing lengths, finding 10 days to be great for most strains I’ve run.

D

docdoom420

when i rock with soil water every 2-3 days or rockwool every day and it's 2 week flush for me.. i like clean smoke...

C

Canvas

I grow in compost/manure/coco over a layer of perlite in air pots;
my mix is a tad 'hot' for the plants, such that adding more than a 1/4tsp of nuts to the water tends to claw them a tad, so I have been giving 8-9 week plants at least 3 weeks water, with only an enzyme product (Hygrozyme) and microbes (EM-1). This is a minimal watering, just enough to replace what is missing, no runoff. The plants yellow up and look like fall is here, and toke smooth after 5 days drying time.

jyip

jyip

interesting read, im gonna flush for a ten day period,, ebb n flko in hydroton, run floracleen for a day, then just water , pH'ed of course,,,usually jus runa day or two tho,,, gonna do em right from now on tho

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

WIth water............:rolleyes: I have been doing nothing but hydro for the last 4 years man and honestly I feel that you really don't need anything else. I put the taste in my nugget above everything else so I am very picky when it comes to making sure the taste is brought out to its fullest potential. I always flush with straight RO water for up to two weeks, but I have also just done one could not really tell a difference in my honest opinion.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

I like to give a 1 week flush with just a lil clearex and sweet for 1week. Was thinking of trying 5days the plants go yellow almost right away. I try to poor water threw my net pots to flush out the pots. My DWC smoke is some of the smoothest stuff I've ever smoked for sure. Especially my RM SD, love that shit shown here. I can smell the Sour Rotten flesh! U gotta taste the plant not the nutes.

I tryed one plant with a 2day flush and it didnt crackle or anything though.

Damn, ru having to tie that bitch up or is the plant able to support itself for the most part. I am doing a DWC for fun right now and I took the cheap route and decided not to do recirculating. Im kinda worried about the plant snapping when I have to change the bucket around week 5 and 6.

ken dog

ken dog

ebb and flow... I water for 1/2 hour every 3 hours.

I flush for 3 days when introducing the veg into bloom.

I flush for 3 days after 4 weeks of bloom.

I flash for 10 days before harvest.

I use final phase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom