How do you garden outdoors? Share your method so that we can all learn from each other :-)

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Triple digits, heat and less than 20% humidity during the day from mid June to mid September. 30 and 40 gallon pots. Full sun. Main thing I’ve learned is you can over perlite and it is possible to grow in this hell hole! Lol! Good luck to all!

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

-Super soil water only

-Super soil + great white with big bud powder + molasses in flower once a week. (pH and EC on point with every watering/feeding)

-Peat/perlite 70/30 flora nova ferts, big bud and great white, feeding with every watering ( EC and Ph on point every feed)

All worked great, best BRIX level came out of the organic + chemicals sinergy.

Best weight from inert media + flora nova + big bud

All 3 methods gets you quality bud that's for sure

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Main ingredients;
Soil was tested nutrients were advised.
June 1 they go in the ground.
Our grow season is super short.
We want to be out of the ground by the end of September beginning of October before the humidity rises.
07BCE96B 534C 40A0 A420 49C08D4F961C
4B581DEC 7B52 4115 8D7C F305F61C1582
F941D258 B458 47C8 831B B31DB2ECEA90
66D40DBE B581 4264 9B13 ADE2DF0D3F26

5988FAC3 BBF9 49D9 B945 2CFB1BE8DA84
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is a special blend we have made specifically for thc plants.
They will go in 100 gallon smart fabric pots.
Placed on pallets for east movement at the end of the season.
We can put them in makeshift greenhouses if there long finishers.
BBBE4223 8395 4BE6 86E1 330A0FC78A99
EF0E80D3 66F7 4E6D 90D0 CFEB5280C5E2

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I like that soaker hose also. I have to purge my 300 feet of half inch drip every time I water. I’m too lazy to bury it all, and it gets boiling hot! Lol

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Welcome to my Organic grow. No potting mixes. No chemical fertilizers.
Water Collection. There is a 55 gallon drum under each down spout these are plumed into 8 more drums underground. A lot of rain water on hand.
B1

My potting soil is 50% forest floor very old sandy lake bottom soil from a bush lot hundreds of years old. 50% home made compost. Kitchen scraps garden wast leaves and grass clippings several years in the making. Mixed together watered with a home made microbe solution and let age another year covered. This pile took years of planning and cooking but it really is beautiful soil. It smells great in the evening.
Pile

I started a barrel of JLF. Jadam Liquid Fertilizer almost a year ago. It's been cooking about 10 months.
Note the black barrel. It's in full sun most of the day and it gets hot. It contains Garden Weeds, Grass clippings,
all the wast from my last couple of grows water and microbe solution. This stuff Stinks! It's way bad but plants love it.
Now when I say this stuff stinks. I mean it's REALLY bad smelling stuff.
JLF

Wood ash mineral solution
I also created a 20L bucket of wood ash mineral solution
1 Gal bucket of fresh wood ash. 5 gallons water in bucket mix well.

1 Gallon home Made Cal-Mag.

As it's still early in the year. I'm heating the microbe solution with a fish tank heater indoors
so it cooks in about 48hrs.

Microbes

These are my pots, 15 gallons each. Filled with the black soil topped with leaves,
bark chips and sticks. Then watered with 1 part microbe solution and 10 parts rain water.
1L Microbe Solution
1L JLF
2 cups Wood ash solution
1 TSP Cal-Mag
18L water
Pots

My seed is just cracking now. When the seedlings go in I will rake 1/2 cup of bone meal into the top 2 inches of soil
in each pot.

I have created several nitrogen boosters. Urea, Fish Hydrolysate, Chicken poo JLF and other amendments.
This year Laughing Buddha Pink, Kush, Royal Kush and I love Green Thai may crack one of those as well.
I'm so looking forward to getting seed in the ground but it's just not quite warm enough yet.
I found starting seed under lights does not work for me. I like to crack seed then plant in the big pots.

Anyone interested in doing a real organic soil grow like this. Check out the link bellow.
There is nothing hard about doing this it just takes a little time to set up.
Garden like a Viking buy Nate.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

Last edited:
JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

Just real quick your style, weather, any tips learned over the years! Any and all positive energy is welcome. Photos are welcome as well!
I’m in New Jersey prohibition land for plants on person. That never stopped my father and he passed down his knowledge of natural farming using the weeds and nettle s and make fermented plants extract for fertilizer. I grow using regular seed only for the propose of making more seeds and crosses of my choosing. This season I went heavy Kush and GMO. Indoor GMO takes forever but seems to be perfect by mid of October maybe a little longer outdoors. One thing different this year from last is the garden already smells like catpiss and the plants aren’t even in their final pots

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Welcome to my Organic grow. No potting mixes. No chemical fertilizers.
Water Collection. There is a 55 gallon drum under each down spout these are plumed into 8 more drums underground. A lot of rain water on hand.
View attachment 1984578
My potting soil is 50% forest floor very old sandy lake bottom soil from a bush lot hundreds of years old. 50% home made compost. Kitchen scraps garden wast leaves and grass clippings several years in the making. Mixed together watered with a home made microbe solution and let age another year covered. This pile took years of planning and cooking but it really is beautiful soil. It smells great in the evening.
View attachment 1984585
I started a barrel of JLF. Jadam Liquid Fertilizer almost a year ago. It's been cooking about 10 months.
Note the black barrel. It's in full sun most of the day and it gets hot. It contains Garden Weeds, Grass clippings,
all the wast from my last couple of grows water and microbe solution. This stuff Stinks! It's way bad but plants love it.
Now when I say this stuff stinks. I mean it's REALLY bad smelling stuff.
View attachment 1984607

Wood ash mineral solution
I also created a 20L bucket of wood ash mineral solution
1 Gal bucket of fresh wood ash. 5 gallons water in bucket mix well.

1 Gallon home Made Cal-Mag.

As it's still early in the year. I'm heating the microbe solution with a fish tank heater indoors
so it cooks in about 48hrs.

View attachment 1984619
These are my pots, 15 gallons each. Filled with the black soil topped with leaves,
bark chips and sticks. Then watered with 1 part microbe solution and 10 parts rain water.
1L Microbe Solution
1L JLF
2 cups Wood ash solution
1 TSP Cal-Mag
18L water
View attachment 1984628
My seed is just cracking now. When the seedlings go in I will rake 1/2 cup of bone meal into the top 2 inches of soil
in each pot.

I have created several nitrogen boosters. Urea, Fish Hydrolysate, Chicken poo JLF and other amendments.
This year Laughing Buddha Pink, Kush, Royal Kush and I love Green Thai may crack one of those as well.
I'm so looking forward to getting seed in the ground but it's just not quite warm enough yet.
I found starting seed under lights does not work for me. I like to crack seed then plant in the big pots.

Anyone interested in doing a real organic soil grow like this. Check out the link bellow.
There is nothing hard about doing this it just takes a little time to set up.
Garden like a Viking buy Nate.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/
I got 3 out of 4 seeds in the ground today. The last is going to be my first ever White Widow Auto. Will crack her in another 7 days. Put her in the ground June first.

G

GandolfGuerilla

Just real quick your style, weather, any tips learned over the years! Any and all positive energy is welcome. Photos are welcome as well!
I germinate in tp or paper towel. Then popped seeds go in unadultered organic seedling starter (vermicultire n spangum moss mainly). Once seedlings reach fourth node, they go into blackgold living super soil.
After they stabalize in big girl soil, I FIM like a crazed leprechaun jigging along his MF'ing rainbow. Ha! I don't top. Cannabis rewards planned chaos. When a height of two feet is reached, I'll break the main stalk IN ONLY ONE DIRECTION.
Other than cloning, I think that covers veg.
Only additional step during flower is the grown ladies get a 3 second pour of guano tea, which i prepare in the morning, let steep thru the day, and administer AT LEAST two hrs before sunset.
Smoklahoma is terrible for outdoor grows. The wind combined with 70k licensed commercial growers and 400k people who are allowed (med card). Im gonna have my girls areound my ac unit
My girl like it cool inside, so my hope is that fan spins all summer.
For real tho, anyone get sensemilla outdoor in OK? I can in TN, but at the moment, im nervous. Not trying to waste economies on booboo.

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

I got 3 out of 4 seeds in the ground today. The last is going to be my first ever White Widow Auto. Will crack her in another 7 days. Put her in the ground June first.
Same I used to do the JADAM methods and still do but I found that if u walk your property and see a pile of rock and there is nettle and garlic mustard plants growing from hard dirt and rock I know there is a growth hormone in there so I t
Pull all dandelions and nettles and comfrey garlic mustard and add sugar and molasses and add water I have like 8 -5 gallon drums in my yard all different versions of FPJ FPE and FFJ and some mixed together. I also made a banana vinegar from leftover banana fruit extract and now I’m gonna use that in the soil in my vegetable garden. Since I went fully organic my plants are much more terpy and the effect of the sun grown cannabis and living soil my yields are good enough for me and by far I have the dankest nugs of my growmies who can’t switch from there bomb making petroleum products. Lol fermenting is old as time and works I also add aged urine to my mixture when watering in veg. Come mid July i top dress heavy with shrimp meal and rose food and take into soil and water heavy with a recharge product. And from there it’s just some incredible bulk and molasses water. For the swell and terps.

simonkay

simonkay

-Super soil water only

-Super soil + great white with big bud powder + molasses in flower once a week. (pH and EC on point with every watering/feeding)

-Peat/perlite 70/30 flora nova ferts, big bud and great white, feeding with every watering ( EC and Ph on point every feed)

All worked great, best BRIX level came out of the organic + chemicals sinergy.

Best weight from inert media + flora nova + big bud

All 3 methods gets you quality bud that's for sure
Can you get good Brix' with flora nova in soil ? I'm using it 2nd time right now and was disappointed with lack of aromas on the first grow but it could just be genetics, would you have any advice to ensure I maximise brix.? Tia 🙏

Latest posts

Top Bottom