how do you get rid of used soil?

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

So I'm gonna be moving to an apartment soon and want to know how I can get rid of soil without being noticed? Any suggestions?

sedate

sedate

I always double-bag the waste and throw it in my complex's dumpster. But I live in Colorado so I could attract attention without much risk . .

ttystikk

ttystikk

1. Use contractor bags, and double bag the sticks.
2. Don't toss too much at once, just do a bag or two at a time
3. To reduce this waste stream in the future- and save yourself the money- investigate reusable soil techniques, like rising chowmix and reusing it, or using organic techniques to revitalize your soil between runs.

I haven't thrown out any substrate in years. I run a 50/50 coco/hydroton chowmix and I don't even rinse it between runs anymore. I just topfeed my RDWC water through it and it 'rinses' in place while supporting another plant.

Cort

Cort

I toss my chow into a rubermade, clear the bigger chunks of root and add a smidge of fresh coco to replace what was lost in the rootball. This way my chow is light and fluffy again, not packed in. Flush with a light food, phed to desire, replant and heavy tea right away. Extra work but I think its worth it.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I load up a trailer and give it away on craigslist. I use organics though, so people are pretty willing to take it.

K

kolah

I don't think CL is a good idea. I don't care to invite strangers around my place.... but hey that's just me.

Depending on the nutes you used, you can flush it and re use it (think veggie gardens) and/or just use like a soil-less mix and/or compost it.

dirk d

dirk d

Do NOT grow in an apartment medical state or not.. CAn't believe people need to be told this.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Every apartment complex I've lived in the maintenance men has the right to go in your apartment whether or not you are home. When I lived in an apartment complex, I came home once to see a sign on my door saying the maintenance was there to check something.

I think even the front office even has keys to your apartment, fuck growing in there. Even with a private owner you have to be careful and not have a grow too big that you can't hide or take down in case land lord makes some bullshit visit to 'check' or 'fix' something.

When it comes to soil, just chuck it in contractor bags, or reuse if growing with organics, good luck bro.

7thson

Every apartment complex I've lived in the maintenance men has the right to go in your apartment whether or not you are home. When I lived in an apartment complex, I came home once to see a sign on my door saying the maintenance was there to check something.

I think even the front office even has keys to your apartment, fuck growing in there. Even with a private owner you have to be careful and not have a grow too big that you can't hide or take down in case land lord makes some bullshit visit to 'check' or 'fix' something.

This is very true. I was that maintenance guy(mgr,Dir).Came across more grows then you would think,seen weed a few times too and $$ also. I hope I never made the tenant uncomfortable in any of these situations!Because I didn't think it was right being their in the first place,as no one being home.

Just for the record,I never said anything to coworkers,or bosses about finding these things,I did tell my wife though.Also never took nothing either.(can't lye,it crossed my mind)

I sure would hate the thought of some one in my home,when I'm not present!!!!!!!!!!!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

This is very true. I was that maintenance guy(mgr,Dir).Came across more grows then you would think,seen weed a few times too and $$ also. I hope I never made the tenant uncomfortable in any of these situations!Because I didn't think it was right being their in the first place,as no one being home.

Just for the record,I never said anything to coworkers,or bosses about finding these things,I did tell my wife though.Also never took nothing either.(can't lye,it crossed my mind)

I sure would hate the thought of some one in my home,when I'm not present!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeap, it happens alot in apartment complexes, even some private landlords do shit like that. Its rare to find good people like you who won't steal or sellout the tenant, good karma coming your way bro.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
This is very simple folks- break up all of your old hps bulbs, mix it with your old soil and dump these together into the nearest creek, lake, stream. I consider it a +10 if where you dump it drains into a major water supply.
Also, if you have old paint around the garage add this to the mix.

Plenty of folks reuse soil with not so organic nutrients in their flower gardens and there are different methods for getting rid of different built up toxins. If you have a yard, you could separate the perlite and spread on your yard... Whatever- dump it in the creek is probably best.

Top Bottom