How do you guys hang ur lights from ur secret jardins?

• Thread starter southstreets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
southstreets

southstreets

The thread title is pretty self explanatory.. How do you hangem? My Yo ups won't fit around the tubbing! Lol... Tried hooks they don't fit either! Lol... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ss

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Rope between the yo and the bars or S-hook between bar and yo. I like the ratchet hooks better than the yo, especially for heavier reflectors. Or you turn the yo around and tie the yo to the bar and then the circle in yo goes to the reflectors hooks.

Tank333

Tank333

I agree with Jay. The YoYo's are pretty tough to deal with. That's why I switched to the ratcheting hangers when we upgraded our room last...

I had to use rope to tie mine to the rods in the ceiling of my tent... Now I just use eye bolts and "s" hooks (since I'm using a home-made light stand now instead of the framework for the tent), and those work great. The carabeaner at the top of the ratchet is great for easy-on/easy-off moving and such...

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I jus use the straps that came w/it and they work fine for me bro!! What size tent did you get? I have the dr240W myself that I've been using for a couple years now

T

tattoojim

you guys ever notice the lables on the sun system ratchets are up side down? i figured out that if you flip them where the name is up side down, you can take the extra sting and loop it back through the eyebolt in the ceiling. kinda works like a double pully, adn super easy to raise and lower lights.
btw. i did cut dog chains and use s hooks...never again with these ratchets.

southstreets

southstreets

I got the intense 10 x 10 x 7... Whatever that model is.. Yea imma use the ratchets for my raptor hood then the other 4 are Gunna b vert bulbs so I wasn't worried so much about the Yo yos! Those are all great ideas though! I didn't use the straps cuz of hearing of horror stories! The strap coming undone lights falling etc...

Smokey.. You think those straps would hold a co2 burner?

Tank333

Tank333

Honestly, I have no clue what "straps" you refer to (I bargain-shopped on ebay for my tent). But if you've heard stories of the straps failing with lights, why would you want it to hold something that's burning already? I would think that's just a recipe for a destroyed house... But I've never seen these straps, or used a co² burner, so I may be WAY off base... lol

Just my 2¢

southstreets

southstreets

Yea I hear you bro! Lol... The tent companies were different companies than the company i went with though! That's y I'm wondering... The sjs are def the best made tents around... I just didn't wanna try the straps myself on the burner! Lol.. Plus the burners maybe 10 lbs at the most bro... So I don't think there would be an issue but better safe than sorry right? Thanks for the concern though.. Lol

H

hondapower420

i use thick hemp string just make sure you have someone holding the shade so you can get it tight and dont keep dropping it lol

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I use 2 heavy duty 75 pound zip ties on each yo yo.. 1 is prolly good enough but I put 2 juss incase

southstreets

southstreets

I use 2 heavy duty 75 pound zip ties on each yo yo.. 1 is prolly good enough but I put 2 juss incase

Damn! I like that idea homie! Sometimes I got brain farts amigo! Lmao... I'm def goin that route! Thanks for the idea homie!

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

My straps have held up jus Fine,So long as the buckle is near the bar,it stops them from being able to losen up on there own due to gravity! I don't see why not tho bro!

Top Bottom