How Do You Handle Investors In A Warehouse Grow?

• Thread starter G Star
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

How do u handle investors?

Take em out one by one till ur the only one left hahah

Off em!!!

Kalikush

Kalikush

Just curious, who has generally taken the fall when the feds have come in and disrupted these types of investor situations in medical states?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Just curious, who has generally taken the fall when the feds have come in and disrupted these types of investor situations in medical states?

Who ever is on the lease and working when they bust it. Also what ever they can find from there.

Kalikush

Kalikush

Who ever is on the lease and working when they bust it. Also what ever they can find from there.

So I went in search of legal council regarding this matter and a reputable lawyer who works within the Emerald Triangle gave me some free advice. I am only looking to transition from my career as a production manager in a large metal shop to helping someone run a production facility that has more of a ganja like smell to it. The lawyer said to call him back when I want to start my own collective and that nothing will happen if I get a job with a legit growing facility that is running their business by the books and they get raided by the Feds. He said if I'm dealing with shady people then what do I expect but if they are following the laws here in Cali then I've got nothing to worry about. Not an exact fit for this situation but it made me feel a bit better about changing industries..

robomont

robomont

doesnt it just come down to cost per gram produced.if a gram is base unit for sale.i dont know going rates as im in hell texas but anything over 5$ a gram is pure profit.
now if you sell at 10$ gram then you are doubling money every cycle.this means that by exponential,you should be able to build out a new operation every cycle.then by exponential,each op should double too.by two years you should hold a 50% share of the cannabis sales in cali.
thats how i would do it.but im a bloodthirsty no mercy kind of guy when it comes to business.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

I know this wasn't directed to me directly, but thought I would share some true costs now that I have some experience.

It would be hard to get an exact cost per. I run 5, 1000W and 6, 315W Ceramics in flower and a 5 Ton AC, plus a heavy lit VEG.

Per month I am at about $600 in hard costs.
$400 power, $100 Nectar of the gods and maybe $100 misc costs (dirt, seed, etc)

So I am doing about 4 units each month, so my hard cost per is right at $150 per, however if I factor in my $400 a month build out investment, I am at another $100 per, so $250 each.

Build out cost I am factoring it was $25,000 and over a 5 year time is $400 a month.

Then how do you factor new equipment costs against your per product, like we got a TrimPal for $4,000 for dry trim (which is awesome, btw. I spend about 30 minutes a unit instead of 10 hours).

Last, I do the 4 a month or so and typically at 28 per. So about 10k a month in total coming in after my hard costs.
Would like to get this to 5 a month before year end.

Seems like a low yield for that much lighting......idk......I usually pull 2 per light no problem, working towards 3

P

Pimples

@Seamaiden if it gets rescheduled to schedule 2 it's gonna be the Wild West and I for one can't wait to be a cowboy.... National business, airplanes and shit, money falling out the 1%'s pockets to get on this...

Good luck farmers
2dog
This^^^^. It WILL go to sch 2 sooner than most think. And total indoors with its huge costs in electricity will be untenable as prices fall. Huge outdoor and massive greenhouse operations are just around the corner. Actually at the starting line waiting for the shot from the FEDS. I for one would not even contmplate the buildout and expense of a total indoor warehouse facility. No way.That time has passed.I know of business types here in Michigan that wont even consider indoor warehouse operations.They have skipped over that to huge greenhouse facilities. Already planned out. Just waiting for the green light.I know of one slick willie type and his team of lawyers doing just this very thing.The lights your going to see will be the double ended p.l. Greenhouse fixtures. ..supplemental at best.It just will not be profitable to run huge warehouse grows with hundreds if not thousands of lamps as the primary light source.Once cannabis settles into a profit margin close to any other agricultural crop...and that is slowly happening now.

P

Pimples

There was a reason we all moved indoors with lamps back in the mid eighties. That reason is slowly eroding away. To invest in giant indoor ops and thinking long term with it is fools gold ...very soon.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

And k heard that Hydrofarm in Petaluma (i used to live there) is expanding thier operations recently. I think thats a nutso idea too.The indoor hobby industry is nearing its peak imho. That whole thing is going to top out and slowly fall.Larry Brooke from GH got the hint not to long ago. And so did quite a few other industry vets.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

There was a reason we all moved indoors with lamps back in the mid eighties. That reason is slowly eroding away. To invest in giant indoor ops and thinking long term with it is fools gold ...very soon.
I'd tend to agree with this sentiment in the long run. I guess it all depends on how you can structure the business though, because in the short term it can still be profitable....but as time goes by and cannabis becomes more of a "conventional" crop, wholesale prices will plummet and paying for light will be out of the question. Then again, we are entering some very uncertain times politically. So who knows how long it will be before a national ban is lifted.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

@G Star what's the going rate for wholesale LB's where you're at?

Latest posts

Top Bottom