How do you start seeds in chow?

• Thread starter GanjaAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Well I am almost ready to kick this off and have been wondering how to put in less work and increase my chances of success. When I started out my seeds last time... I used rooter plugs.... they did great as I soaked them in a tea like substance for 24hrs but they were hard to maintain as some were to dry or to wet.

Two choices I am looking at are:

1. Rooter plugs but put the plug in chow CUPS to help maintain a stable moist environment.

Or...

2. Plant them in chow and hope for the best, water with mild nute's and tea.

Thanks for the help.

EVOKE

EVOKE

i soak them in ro water for 6-8 hours them i put the beans a paper towel semi damp in a ziplock bag on top of the frige for three days and i usually 90% grem rate... then after they sprout in put them in moist soil.... i dont add any nutes jus plain ro water for the first 2 weeks..

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thanks Evoke. When I tried my first run I did the peroxide/distiled water for 24hrs and worked great, soaked my plugs in a mix I found on line but could not keep the moisture dialed in. Now on the not feeding, was your soil charged with food right? My chow will be plain jane so I will have add something I believe??? Thanks for the info brother... I will continue to look around and see.

Mine were a 100% germ but a few bit the dust because of the water issue. Either too wet or too dry. That is why I am looking at the plugs in chow to keep them happy. Using plugs to soak in bennies to get microb life.... Caps packs, Sea Green, and root bloom. Hoping with the plugs charged with this... it should pop those seeds.

shawnskush

shawnskush

Well I am almost ready to kick this off and have been wondering how to put in less work and increase my chances of success. When I started out my seeds last time... I used rooter plugs.... they did great as I soaked them in a tea like substance for 24hrs but they were hard to maintain as some were to dry or to wet.

Two choices I am looking at are:

1. Rooter plugs but put the plug in chow CUPS to help maintain a stable moist environment.

Or...

2. Plant them in chow and hope for the best, water with mild nute's and tea.

Thanks for the help.

stab them in the neck the neck then stand over them and pee on them while doing gangam style!

homebrew420

homebrew420

In chow I would think you should feed right off. We sprout our seeds in 4" rockwool cubes with coco filling the cut out. Feed strait from the get go. At home I use coco/reused coco and perlite. Feed from the get go they respond in turn. PH is of the utmost importance when so young. We don't lose seedlings anymore due to my ignorance of cocos properties.

Peace

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

In chow I would think you should feed right off. We sprout our seeds in 4" rockwool cubes with coco filling the cut out. Feed strait from the get go. At home I use coco/reused coco and perlite. Feed from the get go they respond in turn. PH is of the utmost importance when so young. We don't lose seedlings anymore due to my ignorance of cocos properties.

Peace
what ph do you like and how do you control ph?

Cort

Cort

This is for pepper plants though I have found most seedlings are alike. I have popped a few beans but mostly clones.

Starting seeds, I use plugs in a sealed opaque Tupperware container on top of my cable box. When they sprout they go into beer cups of chow. PHed 5.7 5.8 just like all my chow. Feeding super light at 150- 250 (100+/- of that is calmag) Beer cups go into a dome till all beans are sprouted and they are acclimatized over the next week or so to go with no dome and brighter lights. They tell me when its time to eat.

I grow Habinero, Ghost, few others.

Top Bottom