how do you store your RO water

• Thread starter Danoid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danoid

Danoid

I am not able to make RO water at my grow so I haul it 6 gallons at a time and store it in a rubbermaid trashcan with an airstone and heater. Well I pulled the airstone out and the hose was all slimey. Am I not circulating it enough. I grow TLO so adding a couple drops of bleach is not an option. I really don't know if this slime is a problem or am I just worrying about nothing. Thanks for any input

P

paperplane

Maybe the plastic line you are using is not food grade?

audius

audius

i store mine in totes from wallmart. & all i use is an airstone to keep things snappy. if i was you i would ditch the heater. all that things gonna do is encurage things you dont want.

OGONLY

OGONLY

What's the heater for? There's your problem.

I store mine in 5 gallon Sparklets bottles. Just open an account with them and hold on to your empties. You will eventually have to return them but not until you discontinue service with them. I have like 9 on hand at all times. They have those new bottles too with the side handle, much easier to lug around.

Danoid

Danoid

Thanks for the input. I have to use the heater since the water is stored outside the grow room. I was just using wally world fish tank hose. I will get food grade hose. After reading a lot about the dwc/bubble ponics I can see I am using way two small of an airpump. I know the two are not related but I should have know better than to think a 15 gallon fishtank air pump would take care of 30 gallons RO. The funny part is I have a great ppm meter(use to be a hydro guy) and even when the barrel has only a gallon or two of water in it it still reads 000 ppm. Thanks again

Latest posts

Top Bottom