How do you support your lanky/weak strains?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

How do you support your lanky/weak tall strains?

The three main options I see are:

a) single stick sticking up w/plant, tie plant to stick (what I currently do)

b) nets (seem like they'd work, but also seem like they'd be a hassle to anchor)

c) tomato cages (big and clunky, my room is pretty tight as it is, these would most likely be too much.

My indica dominants don't have the problem nearly as much as my OG's.
Hate walking into my room and seeing another branch bent in half and touching the ground

G

green guy

Tomatoe clips. Your grow shop should have them.

I took twine and tied it in a grid pattern on the top of the tent. Then clip a tomatoe clip to a suitable spot on the twine grid. Tie a length of twine to that clip then use another clip for the branch.

sticky icky

sticky icky

Check out my buddy IBtheman's thread sour kush#6 with custom singles he takes one or two hoops of the tomato cage then cuts a solid square of steel chicken wire roll and attaches that to the top then scrogs from there really kick ass set up but like u said your rooms kinda tight maybe u could come up with a smaller version that might work for you with the smaller cages esp for the lanky strechty og's!

sedate

sedate

bloads said:
How do you support your lanky/weak tall strains?

Haha.

Support them!? Get rid of them and get up on something bushy and profitable.

;)

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Haha.

Support them!? Get rid of them and get up on something bushy and profitable.

;)

I have a thai cross that needs supported from week 6 on through week 14 and she yields around 8 oz per plant With huge fat buds so I think I'll keep it... :)

011 Medium
Gallery 2640 1508 14242
I

ibTheMan

Are you guys for real? dont use No Dam sticks, thats dumb, tomato cages work great.(18" top hoop)

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Are you guys for real? dont use No Dam sticks, thats dumb, tomato cages work great.(18" top hoop)

I pay $1.25 for 50 bamboo sticks that last a few years and that will do about 10 plant's... I have 5 tomato cages I use also and like them very much but they cost right at $5.00 each so that s $50 to do 10 plants compared to 1.25. If I replace the bamboo sticks every 2 years it will take me at least 60 years to spend 50 bucks on bamboo not to mention they take about 1/4 the space to store away. Spend your money how you like but I say spending more than you need to and losing the ability to place the stakes individually is kinda stupid... To each his own.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I havent used a stick for a long time, I use a screen for each plant. If you support the lower part of the branch they can stretch 2' and still stand up. Use silica to make them stronger and kelp will keep the stretch down and stack nodes alot closer. Those stretchy OGs are giving me my best yeilds over busy indicas.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I use bamboo stakes and velcro wrap ties, sometimes I'll wrap a velcro tie loosely around a branch and hook a wire string to it, then loop the wire around the stake that way I don't have to stab a million stakes into the pots.

Top Bottom