How do you think she's doing?

• Thread starter Growgirl77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growgirl77

Growgirl77

This is a picture of my photo plant's trichomes. She's 9'2" with a foot long main cola and ~8-10" secondary flowers. She's from a random seed bag given to me and was sprouted on May 25. It's my first season, I harvested a couple autos last month and made AMAzING edibles. My yield on my autos in total for both girls was only 92 grams, but this auto has gotta be pushing out more than that. I have one other auto going that I am gonna put under the scope tomorrow. This is my first grow season a and was just wondering how you more experienced folks think she's doing.
How do you think shes doing

How do you think shes doing 2
How do you think shes doing 3
How do you think shes doing 4
How do you think shes doing 5
Growgirl77

Growgirl77

She looks good bro I’m amazed on how tall and skinny she is 😂
She has seeds in her calyxes...what does that mean for the THC production? It's so tall, I've plucked a lot of fan leaves throughout bc they were so thick and really prevented light from getting to flowers. It did turn Hermie on me after I stressed out by a storm that broke the main stalk. I bandaided it and it kept growing, but grew grapes. Then I plucked the affected buds balls off and thought it would be ok...but I squeezed a calyx this morning and a brown seed popped out. And my other photo has been making 3 leaved fan leaves for a while, but I had transplanted it from a shady location. I ended up with what resembles a solo cup grow. Ya live ya learn I guess. 🥴

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

She has seeds in her calyxes...what does that mean for the THC production? It's so tall, I've plucked a lot of fan leaves throughout bc they were so thick and really prevented light from getting to flowers. It did turn Hermie on me after I stressed out by a storm that broke the main stalk. I bandaided it and it kept growing, but grew grapes. Then I plucked the affected buds balls off and thought it would be ok...but I squeezed a calyx this morning and a brown seed popped out. And my other photo has been making 3 leaved fan leaves for a while, but I had transplanted it from a shady location. I ended up with what resembles a solo cup grow. Ya live ya learn I guess. 🥴
It depends when the seeds started forming but it will slow trichome production to focus on seeds.

Growgirl77

Growgirl77

It depends when the seeds started forming but it will slow trichome production to focus on seeds.
They started in mid flower after the stalk bent by a storm and I had to brace it. It hermied a few weeks later. The trichomes look beautiful and it's frosty, but idk what to do now...

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

They started in mid flower after the stalk bent by a storm and I had to brace it. It hermied a few weeks later. The trichomes look beautiful and it's frosty, but idk what to do now...
It's not ruined or anything but you'll most likely have a reduced potency than if it hadn't produced seeds.

Ponky

Ponky

Fem buds drop viable fem seeds. But can remain potent. Might have some seed pod taste. But has THC still

Growgirl77

Growgirl77

It's not ruined or anything but you'll most likely have a reduced potency than if it hadn't produced seeds.
Thanks! I guess since I have no idea what it was to begin with, I'll never know how potent it could be. Can I re-run the seeds indoors now? Will they be Hermie's since the plant Hermie's mid flower? Idk genetics of it, maybe it wasn't the stalk bend and the seeds were already gonna Hermie? It's outdoors and we had a wacky summer here too. High heat, high rainfalls. I dealt with budrot on my autos without any issues at harvest, I managed to help by keeping flowers dry by shaking them after rain. Maybe my shaky dances spread the pollen? I know I plucked off about 6-8 clusters at the node while the plant actually already had already grew large flowers. They didn't come up at the prefliwrr or even early flower stage.

Growgirl77

Growgirl77

Fem buds drop viable fem seeds. But can remain potent. Might have some seed pod taste. But has THC still
Thanks. So I can re-run without the chance of getting Hermie's if I am in a controlled indoor environ or should I just stick to my autos and save the seeds for next year outdoors?

Ponky

Ponky

Thanks. So I can re-run without the chance of getting Hermie's if I am in a controlled indoor environ or should I just stick to my autos and save the seeds for next year outdoors?
Sort of. It will be a similar copy. With a very high chance of also dropping seeds.. so the bud can be smoke. If its good. But also. The seeds always. Had to get rid of half a dozen strain I had grown for that reason. They were still good enough smoke. But if the seeds are formed and dark. Yeah. Good chance they're female and ready to go.

Growgirl77

Growgirl77

Sort of. It will be a similar copy. With a very high chance of also dropping seeds.. so the bud can be smoke. If its good. But also. The seeds always. Had to get rid of half a dozen strain I had grown for that reason. They were still good enough smoke. But if the seeds are formed and dark. Yeah. Good chance they're female and ready to go.
I've been messing with this plant under a microscope for a good hour now checking trichomes and all. I came across a lot of empty calyxes and some with green/white liquid on them too. So I've a mix of seeded, weird wet milky, and empty squishy. What does that mean, if anything?

Growgirl77

Growgirl77

Check this out, this is trichomes on a pistol. I can't zoom anymore in bc it blurs but do these look milky or still pretty underdeveloped?

2021 09 12 14 10 44 361
Ponky

Ponky

I've been messing with this plant under a microscope for a good hour now checking trichomes and all. I came across a lot of empty calyxes and some with green/white liquid on them too. So I've a mix of seeded, weird wet milky, and empty squishy. What does that mean, if anything?
It's probably just transpiration. Or the sugars the plant makes seeds with. If the buds form and have trichomes and taste good then it's still a win. If it's too many seeds it can taste pretty bad. With seeds it's also better to harvest sooner than later. To keep the taste of seed pod to a minimum. Makes your throat sore if there is too much. I smoke for pain so I don't really get high in a traditional sense. But there are people who prefer clear trichomes and people that prefer them milky or amber. You're glands are abundant so you can harvest anything based on preference. Not much longer. And you want to check buds higher up and I'm the middle of the plant. For the maturity you're looking for you should average out the difference microscope images.

With outdoor weather can be the deciding factor more so than if the glands are perfectly mature. If the weather isn't cooperating you have to harvest when you can. Balancing out pests and fungus and timing maturity is the tricky part. Bad weather on top of that. Only you can really decide.

Badinfluence

Badinfluence

This is a picture of my photo plant's trichomes. She's 9'2" with a foot long main cola and ~8-10" secondary flowers. She's from a random seed bag given to me and was sprouted on May 25. It's my first season, I harvested a couple autos last month and made AMAzING edibles. My yield on my autos in total for both girls was only 92 grams, but this auto has gotta be pushing out more than that. I have one other auto going that I am gonna put under the scope tomorrow. This is my first grow season a and was just wondering how you more experienced folks think she's doing.
View attachment 1167749
Holy hight! Looks good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom