How Does A Trellis Net Help Increase Yields?

• Thread starter hiimjohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hiimjohn

Hey guys I'm new to growing, saw many videos on setting up a trellis net and it's said that these nets help increase the yields by making the top and the lower part of the plant even, but I'm not sure how does the net do this? Can anyone please kindly explain the functions of a trellis net and how does it help. Thanks so much.

I looked up many videos on youtube but I still don't understand

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey guys I'm new to growing, saw many videos on setting up a trellis net and it's said that these nets help increase the yields by making the top and the lower part of the plant even, but I'm not sure how does the net do this? Can anyone please kindly explain the functions of a trellis net and how does it help. Thanks so much.

I looked up many videos on youtube but I still don't understand
It lowers your top colas so the bottoms grow up more even to the light.

Screenshot 2016 12 30 14 15 50
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey brother, thanks for replying. Really appreciate it. So it looks like when I get it set up I will have to bend down the top a little bit?
Ya np bro...bend the shit out of the top to get the rest of the lower plant to grow up toward the light. Then when you flip to flower you have more tops up by the light..which equals more colas which equals more pot.

420Artie

420Artie

besides spreading the Colas out when the plant senses it's stems being supported by trellis nets it sends more energy to the colas and not to stems to support them selfs up.

N

Nog

I haven't tried it but I'm thinking a trellis would make it hard to move the plants around or get to a plant in the middle to spray for bugs or whatever.

That's the only reason I haven't tried using one.

Plus also if you have to move your plants out of there quickly for security purposes then it may slow you down if your plants are entwined in a trellis.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I haven't tried it but I'm thinking a trellis would make it hard to move the plants around or get to a plant in the middle to spray for bugs or whatever.

That's the only reason I haven't tried using one.

Plus also if you have to move your plants out of there quickly for security purposes then it may slow you down if your plants are entwined in a trellis.
Hahaha hell ya it does. .. end of flower and shit is nearly impossible to move stuff unless you individually net them

Top Bottom