How Does everyone sprout there veggie seeds

• Thread starter cway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cway

Hey Guys.. Just wondering if everyone puts them in towels like Cannabis seeds or do you soil them in dirt?

Whats your method and what you sprouting.?

I have the followin in the garden this year from seed

Cucumber
Tomatoes
Ocra
Cauliflower
Watermelon
Corn
Oregano
Basil
Letuce
Strawberries

Looking for new ways to sprout my seeds.,

and still adding

Thanks Guys

B

beanz240

What i like to do is put them in cheesecloth (one kind to bundle)
soak them in 1 quart warm water, 1tsp baby shampoo, 1tsp epsom salt
put em in the fridge for 24 hours, pull em out to some papertowel to dry,
put em about 1/4" into soil sprinkle Sphagnum moss and cover with papertowel and place on top of fridge or somewhere warm, keep moist till sprouts.

I dont have any veggies going yet i'm getting started in a couple weeks, it's going to be a small one this year but ALWAYS have to have Tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, all kinds of peppers, carrots, lettuce, onions, and a few others.
Ya maybe it's not going to be so small but just a couple plants of each.

F

FastForward

I'm starting all mine straight into coco, then either prick them out or transplant into a soil/coco mix.

N

Nuglover

Put em in Rapid Rooters, keep moist, and wait. Works for every kind of seed I've tried in it. My wife and children are doing some container gardening outside this year.All I'm sayin' is my 3 yr old daughter got 100% germ rate with these things. LOL :)

K

kill-9

I do the 24 hour soak thing, then plant. Depends on the size of the seed really.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm gonna pop mine in peat pellets

K

kill-9

yeah peat pellets are a must, they really stay warm for abit.

C

cway

Thanks for all the responses guys.. Guess Im gonna go with the towel method and then put them in Sunshine mix cups with wormcastings then in the bed outside..

C

caliskunker

the pucks work for me !!! just drop them in water place in the sun :time and BAM !! I got sprouts

T

TheBeak

I just dump them in soil or peat-pucks, and keep the in a miniture greenhouse until they sprout.

Top Bottom