How does light herm plants, is there any hard science?

• Thread starter wobbleysausage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

I'm just wondering because you'll see everyone say oh light herms, light leaks this and that. Well I have a tent and inside is my humidifier and before I knew it, it has a red led that turns on when its out of water. This turned on a few nights now before I even realized. No herms yet. My tent also has pin holes all over and I run a light right next to it albeit not aimed at it but still able to receive light. Heck I even leave the door open sometimes I'm positive light gets in. No herms.

albitross

albitross

Folks that light dep plants outdoors have a good amount of practical info. I guess it takes more leakage to impart noticeable effects than previously discussed. Your genetic mileage may vary.

ddandurand

ddandurand

Hard to pinpoint if a light leak is the problem or as albitross said just genetic, many cannabis strains have the tendency to herm in late flower, it knows the end is near and is doing what ever it can to pass on its genetics. other stresses like over and under watering. genetics is everything.

I treat my girls pretty rough usually, and and washy washy with light leaks, if they herm on me they herm on me and I will know I don't want to keep them around. Again though its hard to tell if its the light that did it or some other stresser in the grow.

I would love to see some testing on a know strain that will herm and if light was the cause. I may have to do this sometime. i have one strain in my collection that was were i started growing, it likes to herm late flower sometime and others it finishes great.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Hard to pinpoint if a light leak is the problem or as albitross said just genetic, many cannabis strains have the tendency to herm in late flower, it knows the end is near and is doing what ever it can to pass on its genetics. other stresses like over and under watering. genetics is everything.

I treat my girls pretty rough usually, and and washy washy with light leaks, if they herm on me they herm on me and I will know I don't want to keep them around. Again though its hard to tell if its the light that did it or some other stresser in the grow.

I would love to see some testing on a know strain that will herm and if light was the cause. I may have to do this sometime. i have one strain in my collection that was were i started growing, it likes to herm late flower sometime and others it finishes great.
I have had people tell me led that got left on inside the tent similar to my humidifier have caused their plants to herm before. I just think they had bad genetics lol.

ddandurand

ddandurand

I'm with you wobbly, Its in cannabis nature to do this. it will do this in outdoor as well where there is zero light leaks. cannabis wants to make seeds, we have cultivated it and selected the strains what don't.

Top Bottom