How does my plant look?

• Thread starter Ganjee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjee

Ganjee

I seed this plant mid June. I am using Fox Farm Ocean forest and Happy Frog 50/50 mix. I water when I lift them and they feel dry. I try to also get the ph between 6.5 and 6.8 by using PH down. Tap water comes out high 7s.
The plants are kept in full sunlight.

The strain is either Blackberry or Pineapple express. I mixed the plants up forgot to label.

9246DCE4-1600-4638-A6E9-C8F53A5FCD04_zpsm3bnsph1.jpeg

A00593DB-8904-42CC-BABA-428D1CEEBD0B_zpsqttijd5z.jpeg

visajoe1

visajoe1

any pest issues? leaves look like they got eaten or have a ca deficiency. could even be lockout. you said you "try" to get the ph down. how are you measuring it? im thinking your ph is still too high

az2000

az2000

Do you have to worry about the fabric pots getting hot in the sun? I've never grown outside. I've read that's a problem with plastic pots.

Ganjee

Ganjee

I actually use a PH pen. It was a 30$ one I ordered on amazon, but maybe I need to recalibrate. I should of said I get the ph down to 6.5 to 6.8. Because i never water unless I see my PH on the pen in that range. Also here are two more plants literally with feet of each other and seeded same times but first one is buddy faster and a much smaller plant. I transplanted them from their 1 gallons to these 5 gallons last weekend.

I once seen a tiny green worm once not sure exactly what it was. Also tiny fly soil once. Possible they are gnats.

This first picture something is defiantly eating my leakfs. The whole plant seems to have a slight droop compared to the others looking more reaching to the sky. The leafs are all very clawed and curled up kind off as seen on the leafs.
5E77F47B 7D70 45A3 89C8 F2F80875A752 zpsw7szl9lk

Here is the third plant
9AADDD7E DEFF 4010 96E9 2B9EA4503071 zps8nuinf7a

Last edited:
Ganjee

Ganjee

Do you have to worry about the fabric pots getting hot in the sun? I've never grown outside. I've read that's a problem with plastic pots.
True, I just took that in these are black fabric pots probably taking in direct sunlight. Some days have reach up to 35 C or 90F. I think I may have a few issues going on here. This is my first time growing out door. I been growing in a 4x4 under controlled conditions with better results. What temp should the soil not reach? I might throw a temp probe in there and take a reading on the hottest part of the day this weekend.

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Fabric pots dry out quicker than buckets and stay cooler in sunlight.

az2000

az2000

What temp should the soil not reach?

I don't know. It may not be a problem with fabric pots. But, if it were me, I'd shade them. It couldn't hurt. (Don't set them on concrete if the concrete's in sun and gets hot.).

Top Bottom