How Does One Get Their Hands on Pollen (ruderalis)?

• Thread starter romperwomper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
romperwomper

romperwomper

How can someone go about sourcing ruderalis pollen? Are there seed banks with pollen available that ship discreetly world wide or would someone be better off trading something with another grower?

Sams0n

Sams0n

How can someone go about sourcing ruderalis pollen? Are there seed banks with pollen available that ship discreetly world wide or would someone be better off trading something with another grower?
Not that I've seen, but you would be better off with another grower. I would trade with you but mine are about 2 months from being viable.

growsince79

growsince79

I doubt very many breeders are playing with pure Rudy. Even the auto breeders don't want to start over with zero thc. Might find a hemp breeder with some.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sensi used to sell them and a couple of crosses. Might check there.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Just curious why would you want Rudy pollen?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I"ve got some ruderalis pollen currently right now actually. It's from this type of plant. It's male pollen, not my feminized product, I've been having difficulty feminizing this strain. Although, I'm still working on it.

It's a hybrid autopollen, not a landrace rudy.

IMG 20200901 220454 1
IMG 20200901 220440

IMG 20200901 144102
IMG 20200901 144107
IMG 20200901 144114
IMG 20200901 144155
IMG 20200901 144214
IMG 20200901 144422
IMG 20200901 144646
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I doubt very many breeders are playing with pure Rudy. Even the auto breeders don't want to start over with zero thc. Might find a hemp breeder with some.

Yes, my guess would be some Canuks, with ties to the hemp industry up there. I've seen some on ebay I suspect might fit the bill, and some russian sources as well. I've thought about using it for difficult strains to "reset" the genetic trait, and then back cross it again with one of mine, but I haven't come across anything I haven't been able autoflower, so far.

But I generally agree with the previous post, "why" would you want to, if you must not?

Although, I think with some breeding strains this might become an issue evernually, so it might be the best overall solution to the matter, then I've got a direct line to both gene pools, pulling one way or another. But I think backcrossing (with a previous generation that autoflowers) might be a better option, it's difficult to tell.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The smell and feel of pollen on your fingers and hands in unmistakable. Sorta soft, and smooth like corn starch. Note some of the pollen on the leaves as well.

IMG 20200905 032518
IMG 20200905 032444
N.OntarioMedGrower

N.OntarioMedGrower

have some ruderalis pollen frozen from last winter's indoor grow. flowered under 24 cycle, not much quantity, only a gram or so, true male pollen, not induced by treatment.
local strain known as konopje which is slavic for pot. will dig up pix and post later. not interested or willing to send to usa, sorry!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The smell and feel of pollen on your fingers and hands in unmistakable. Sorta soft, and smooth like corn starch. Note some of the pollen on the leaves as well.
It is weird stuff. First time I collected a couple grams in the corner of a bag I thought it was wet because of how it felt in the bag, it almost behaves like a liquid. But it wasnt.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
have some ruderalis pollen frozen from last winter's indoor grow. flowered under 24 cycle, not much quantity, only a gram or so, true male pollen, not induced by treatment.
local strain known as konopje which is slavic for pot. will dig up pix and post later. not interested or willing to send to usa, sorry!
I've got some true male pollen also, if anyone needs/wants some, not much but I do have it, plus I have the seeds to make it as well. It's my own frankenweed strain, created from an auto afgan kush mixed with bubba kush photoperiod, but it's been stabilized for a few generations at this point, especially this last time, I think I might have got all the photopeiod genes removed (while retaining some better size and potency). The last gen was producing about 50/50% auto/photoperiods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom