How does soiless and soil work together

• Thread starter HolyMunchies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HolyMunchies

I just wanted to know if I could run a soiless mix something like Sunshine Advanced #4 and stick it in the ground for the outdoor this year. I normally use FFoF cut with Light warrior. Assuming I dig the holes back fill with soiless would I water and fertilize according to a hydro ph 5.5 ish or soil ph 6.5 ish.

If someone could clear this up for me I would be very thankful.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You could do it, I'm sure, but I would want a transition mix, where the SM#4 is mixed with some of the surrounding soil so it's not a "shock" to the plant's roots when they hit the new dirt and possibly cause circling in the hole instead of penetration.

While root-ball is still mostly in the soilless mix, I would feed at hydro pH, once they're starting to hit the soil then give feed at soil pH. Or, if it's all organic you could do what I do and not worry about it at all, seeing as how plants and microbes are very well able to adjust pH within the rhizosphere, which is where it's most important for our needs.

Just a few thoughts.

H

HolyMunchies

Thanks Sea, That is kinda what I was thinking as well. This year is going to be so much fun.

Top Bottom