How far apart to plant from one another ?

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

How far apart from each plant is the most desirous, when planting outdoors?

I am thinking to give each plant 4'x4', should that be increased to 5'x5'

I am going with the Iranian OG cross, that finishes mid September.

Thanks

SunGrown

SunGrown

depends on when you plant and the size the strain is capable of getting

I go no less than 8 foot center to center, but usually 12 to 15 feet center to center. Depends on strain

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IF you have the space and are getting them in-ground at the right time, plan on 12'x for each plant. I need to make best use of what space I have, so I have mine kinda crammed together with 6' between them. It's getting rather thick in there.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I have mine on 6'-8' centers this year but I will be doing closer to 10'-12' centers next year.. They are all just about touching at this point on all sides.

707seedbank

707seedbank

Supporter
The more space you can give them the better. Your plants will get bigger and it cuts down on mold. Im at 14' from center to center.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

How far apart from each plant is the most desirous, when planting outdoors?

I am thinking to give each plant 4'x4', should that be increased to 5'x5'

I am going with the Iranian OG cross, that finishes mid September.

Thanks
These 6 are in a 15x 20 and it's completely stuffed. The more room the better!

81114 035
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Another reason for allowing as much space as you possibly can is that YOU are often the biggest/worst/most persistent vector of pests in your garden. So if you're touching plants that are infested with a few thrips, for example, you can prevent them from spreading to other plants by doing a few things, not the least of which is by not allowing the plants to touch. Another is pay attention to the direction you're handling your plants, and making the infested plants the last plants you touch.

Did that make sense?

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Another reason for allowing as much space as you possibly can is that YOU are often the biggest/worst/most persistent vector of pests in your garden. So if you're touching plants that are infested with a few thrips, for example, you can prevent them from spreading to other plants by doing a few things, not the least of which is by not allowing the plants to touch. Another is pay attention to the direction you're handling your plants, and making the infested plants the last plants you touch.

Did that make sense?
Yes it did;)

Top Bottom