How far away from harvest are these?

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I have a couple hindu kush & girl scout cookie plants in soil at wk 7 of flowering. Breeder info puts harvest time for both strains at 7-10 wks. I had electronic microscope for checking but my daughter lost it. I know u cant give accurate answer off pics but any suggestions will help. Thx!

20201018 162627
20201018 162737
20201018 162805
20201018 162824
20201018 162847
Brainpain

Brainpain

Thc will turn cloudy then clear again. Then it turns amber, I always wait till there's 20 percent amber thc crystals

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
2 maybe 3 weeks, hard to say without looking at trichomes, but yeah 15-20% amber is about right

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Thx for the advice! I figured maybe a couple wks but wasnt quite sure. I think I was starting to see a lil mold on one of buds too,made me nervous so I been willing it done with my mind,lol.

Stoner42013827

Stoner42013827

Mine are look like they are at the same stage. Thinking they got at least 3 more weeks but Mother Nature may not allow it. I have been finding more bud rot on random spots but nothing major.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Mine are look like they are at the same stage. Thinking they got at least 3 more weeks but Mother Nature may not allow it. I have been finding more bud rot on random spots but nothing major.
Yeah i had a late start & I live in north eastern US so this late oct.weather isnt great for them but luckily its been warmer lately.
That second picture has a lot of webbing, spider mites?
And I havent seen any spider mite webbing but ill inspect that closer. Could be from milk weeds. I had alot of those coating buds plus neighbor came close to hitting them with mower & covered buds in grass clippibgs & whatnot.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Ok,so going off breeder info plants could have anywhere to 1-2 wks left max. Being that im so close to harvest & am not sure how much time is left I started flushing today. Hopefully thats enough time to flush out nutes since Ive read flushing can take as long as 10 to 14 days & these seem to be ready for harvest. They look ready to me but since I dont have my electronic microscope & havent went off naked eye for yrs im not sure. Here are most recent pics. What do you guys think? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

20201029 171156
20201029 171129
20201029 171101
20201029 170928
Madbud

Madbud

Looks a little closer. If you are worried about snow you can flush cuttings in a vase or bucket of water and finish in darkness for 48 hours.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Looks a little closer. If you are worried about snow you can flush cuttings in a vase or bucket of water and finish in darkness for 48 hours.
K,cool. So far weather doesnt call for snow but its dropping to 38 tomorrow. I been bringing plants inside at night. I was more worried that they were too close harvest & I hadnt left enough time to flush. I was thinking they had another wk left. Some ppl.have told me you can give nutes all the way up to harvest & only need to flush a few days but I keep reading about 2 wks everywhere else so hopefully a wk is long enough.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Yeah, first pm i’ve seen but just some fan leaves. Only took three hours including peroxide wash and rinse
Ive never washed buds but maybe I should. It doesnt help my neighbor ran mower dangerously close to plants & blew grass clipping & milk weeds all over buds.

RR1

RR1

Ive never washed buds but maybe I should. It doesnt help my neighbor ran mower dangerously close to plants & blew grass clipping & milk weeds all over buds.
I always at least give my outdoor plants a dip in a 55 gal drum. Lots of crap in them. Water starts to turn black after the first pound or so.

RR1

RR1

Thc will turn cloudy then clear again. Then it turns amber, I always wait till there's 20 percent amber thc crystals
Just get a jewelers loupe, 18x or better. Once trichomes turn cloudy/opaque, they are ready. If you wait till amber THC levels start to fall, and CBD starts increasing. Makes it couchlock like, not as clean a buzz.
RR1

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Just get a jewelers loupe, 18x or better. Once trichomes turn cloudy/opaque, they are ready. If you wait till amber THC levels start to fall, and CBD starts increasing. Makes it couchlock like, not as clean a buzz.
RR1
Yeah Ill definately pick one up. I have PTSD & anxiety so I usually shoot for strains that produce narcotic & couchlock effects so Ill probably try to harvest trichomes to produce less heady but effect but not too late.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Ok so we just got first snow today & I was thinking plants had at least a wk left til harvest if not more. Ive been alternating them between underneath hps light in garage when its cold & outside to combat cold weather. They seem like theyre still popping out white hairs. I could cut them a few days early but would like to give them one last flush before harvest. Should I brave the outside weather & do another flush or cut early & flush cuttings in vases? Here are recent pics.

20201101 193512
20201101 193353
20201101 193248
20201101 193138
tealeaf402

tealeaf402

Is there some benefit to this? It's like you're getting 2 shots of stress to the plant, cutting and darkness. Is there a chance at extra trichomes here? I wonder does the last shot of fresh water through the stems help with a longer more humid dry time in a low 35 Rh atmosphere or something?

Madbud

Madbud

Is there some benefit to this? It's like you're getting 2 shots of stress to the plant, cutting and darkness. Is there a chance at extra trichomes here? I wonder does the last shot of fresh water through the stems help with a longer more humid dry time in a low 35 Rh atmosphere or something?
Not at all, i thought it would but mine are taking around 5 days at 60%, just pine cone sizes. Furnace dropped my rH to 40 the other night and one got a little crispy in her fifth day, 35 is wicked dry. My leaf to calyx ratio sucks but i think the water flush helps smooth the smoke. Jmo

Latest posts

Top Bottom