How far away should my 600w hps light be from the canopy?

• Thread starter Mountaingreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mountaingreen

Mountaingreen

Hi guys, i’m wondering how far away my lights should be from the canopy? I have 4 600 w hps lights and i’m in day 24 of flower. Now i have them pulled all the way up, But do you think they should be as close as possible? (without burning them ofc😅)

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
There are several ways to think about that. A good place to start is the manufacturer's recommendation. I try to have mine at about 18 inches. I finished a crop once with the tops only about six inches away, but I had to keep the power low. I think my plants' tops are about 20 inches away for my current crop.

Mountaingreen

Mountaingreen

There are several ways to think about that. A good place to start is the manufacturer's recommendation. I try to have mine at about 18 inches. I finished a crop once with the tops only about six inches away, but I had to keep the power low. I think my plants' tops are about 20 inches away for my current crop.
Okey thank you 😃

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
So I used to keep my 1000w hps about 2 or 3 feet above canopy

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
This was my friends... they went away for a weekend and all grew into light and burned themselves

Screenshot 20231128 073624 Gallery
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
All depends on if it's air cooled or not. If not use the back of our hand to fell the heat, it's how it was done before everyone had meters

Top Bottom