How Far Do I Space Horizontal Lights for a Under Current System?

• Thread starter Kipper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kipper

I have a 12XL13 under current system that was listed on their website as a 6 light system. After I put it together I realized its only a little over 13 feet long. Now, I sent them an email asking them about this, they told me it was a mistake and really should be for four lights instead of six.... If I space my lights every four feet as a general rule of thumb, then that would still be too many lights for that long of an area, right? So here are my questions that I hope someone with up to date knowledge of the Under Current systems can answer for me, or at least give me some good insight:

1. Should I space my lights out to the manufacturer recommendations of four lights for a 13+ foot span?
2. If I follow their light spacing recommendations, will I still get optimum yeilds compared a four foot spacing of the lights?

Thanks for any help with this matter !!!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Seems like anything between 3-4 should work well......to optimize gram per watt I'd run 3X 1000.

Though you'd likely get a larger yield over all with 4X but potentially a lower gpw. Depends onto what degree you maximize your plant potential.

I vote for 4 lamps condensed equally over the system assuming your running CO2 and all other inputs are optimal. Be certain to run your lamps perpendicular to the system to benefit from lateral lighting.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have a 8XL13 and will run at least 4 1000w HPS with gull-wings to start, 1 over each 2 buckets, than I hope to go vertical and add 3 1000w MH. I can fit 4 over my system, you should be able to fit 5 over your 12 bucket system. The guys here who get big yields ( Jack, Texas Kid and others) run a ton of lights, so the more the better. If your running Co2 move your air pump out of the room.

K

Kipper

Thanks for the insight on this bro, now it all makes since to me! I'm gonna spread the buckets out a little further and use all of the lights that I have....... and add a few more buckets!

Top Bottom