How far to fill the scrog

• Thread starter Ryank303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryank303

Ryank303

Hey guys , so first time doing scrog and tbh I think it’s ok so far but I’m wondering to I just do my normall weeks in veg so 4 weeks , or do I have to fill out this scrog more? Some plants bigger than the other so take up more room do I wait for the other to catch up first ? Also when do I take off everything below the scrog before flower or just into flower ?

How far to fill the scrog
How far to fill the scrog 2
How far to fill the scrog 3
How far to fill the scrog 4
BigCube

BigCube

Hey guys , so first time doing scrog and tbh I think it’s ok so far but I’m wondering to I just do my normall weeks in veg so 4 weeks , or do I have to fill out this scrog more? Some plants bigger than the other so take up more room do I wait for the other to catch up first ? Also when do I take off everything below the scrog before flower or just into flower ?

Looking good 👍

It's up to you, but remember you need to be able to water and stuff. I would leave a bit of space up front. Other than that, take her to the limit if you want to wait.

As for when to clean it up below the net. You can always remove fan leaves below the net, it helps with airflow. The actual full cut I usually do in week 3 of flower.

Basically you want to not cut any nodes off until you can be sure what ones are going to yield. Around week 3 you get a good idea what's what and can ruthlessly hack out anything not holding a flower above the net.

Hope that helps man! It's looking good.👍

Ryank303

Ryank303

Looking good 👍

It's up to you, but remember you need to be able to water and stuff. I would leave a bit of space up front. Other than that, take her to the limit if you want to wait.

As for when to clean it up below the net. You can always remove fan leaves below the net, it helps with airflow. The actual full cut I usually do in week 3 of flower.

Basically you want to not cut any nodes off until you can be sure what ones are going to yield. Around week 3 you get a good idea what's what and can ruthlessly hack out anything not holding a flower above the net.

Hope that helps man! It's looking good.👍
Wicked
Ate thank , other forum telling me I should of spaced the pots out more before weaving in the net ? Am I doing anything wrong u can see ?

stltoed

stltoed

Wicked
Ate thank , other forum telling me I should of spaced the pots out more before weaving in the net ? Am I doing anything wrong u can see ?
What strain are you growing? Is it primarily indica, sativa? Have you read to see if this strain stretches a lot? If your working with a sativa like Durban Poison it may stretch 300% or more.. if you have no have no headroom it can really suck. But if you're working with a fat little indica you probably won't need to worry so much about the stretch.

I just grew Wembly an 80/20 indica. I figured no sweat, they'll stay small and easy to manage. Nope! One of the 4 in hydro grew 62inch branches. I have room. So it wasn't like I had to super crop everything, but it was very close.

So, there are a couple questions early in this post, answer those and I'll try to give you a decent answer

BigCube

BigCube

Wicked

Nah, it may have been easier to fill the net if they were spaced apart but doesnt matter in the end. 👍

Ryank303

Ryank303

Nah, it may have been easier to fill the net if they were spaced apart but doesnt matter in the end. 👍
Was away from home for five days mrs was just feeding them , looked in there today they like monsters lol just tied them back down best I could

782978D7 41DA 47FC B37D 2129AAE5940B
793BF8F3 E722 4859 9430 9592D78CD1D1
602A03A1 BBD4 40F5 88F1 1F93D0EFB086
BigCube

BigCube

Looking good man. 👍

When I train out a net, I try to move everything out from the center. After tucking everything away, I usually have a small patch in the middle of the net that's empty. Basically move everything away from the center.

You got her! Nice work 😀

Ryank303

Ryank303

Looking good man. 👍

When I train out a net, I try to move everything out from the center. After tucking everything away, I usually have a small patch in the middle of the net that's empty. Basically move everything away from the center.

You got her! Nice work 😀
Yeah man I should never of put the pots so close together and I’m really weary off that light not being enough 600w mh and hps for flower u think one will be okay ?

Madmax

Madmax

You dont have to fill out the net.id b leaving some for when you flip just incase they stretch abit..you have abit of leeway then ..

Cheers

Madmax

Madmax

Up to you..you do have some room there to the sides.but ones at the back sorta needed bending right or left as those branches will b the tallest ones ..when you flip you can still weave abit more and that will create more tops.ive never grown indoors but have outside many years and how i train them is very similar.i just peg them instead....i reckon if your pots were wider apart she would b near full..you have done a bloody good job though..your looking good

Screenshot 20200625 223136
Madmax

Madmax

Loving yours though bro..id b stoked if mine turned out half that..beautiful looking buds .

Ryank303

Ryank303

Up to you..you do have some room there to the sides.but ones at the back sorta needed bending right or left as those branches will b the tallest ones ..when you flip you can still weave abit more and that will create more tops.ive never grown indoors but have outside many years and how i train them is very similar.i just peg them instead....i reckon if your pots were wider apart she would b near full..you have done a bloody good job though..your looking good
Thanks bro ! That’s good to hear cus I’ve felt really over whelmed with first time doing scrog , gna thin them about a bit tomorro n see what I’m working with more I think

Madmax

Madmax

Your doing fine..Wait till nxt time around bro..your gonna b good for the run..you will start getting the feel of it where to run the branches and the ones that grow off those and when to flip.you will have it down to an art in no time and looking like bigcubes beauties..

Ryank303

Ryank303

Your doing fine..Wait till nxt time around bro..your gonna b good for the run..you will start getting the feel of it where to run the branches and the ones that grow off those and when to flip.you will have it down to an art in no time and looking like bigcubes beauties..
Learn as I go along a guess bro thanks for the suppourt though

Ryank303

Ryank303

So today mate I’m gna take everything below the net and I just wana double check I do this right , fan leaves and anything that doesn’t go above the net I take of all together yeah ?

Ryank303

Ryank303

So thinking I’m gna flip these in next couple of days ? They’ve fill it out nice n need to be careful of the stretch cus I ain’t grown these before ? What’s your opinion ?

1DF841D4 7A40 458D 9F89 1D5971CD6BEA
3E1FA448 A89F 4C3D 8156 8509E42F0045
FA93830A 2A4E 4BB6 84B5 2C6189593BC7
D2A38F99 9B00 420A B5D3 F4D738B0A7BF
Top Bottom